Monday, December 6, 2010

Broken Bones

By Friday all my emotions were at boiling point, I felt excited that about representing the magazine, I felt fear for not representing it properly and I felt guilt for not being there for Nate when he needed me. Nate was cool about it but I don’t know I just felt like I was letting him down...Anyway Zoe’s been good on the nerve front as well; we’ve been practicing things to say and what to keep under our hats.

Zoe and I borrowed the dresses from The Fashion Cupboard; mine was this pale pink short dress while Zoe opted for a yellow maxi dress, we both wore heels, usually I don’t like maxi’s and heels but she looked beautiful. I kept my hair simple and chose a natural wavy look (that took about an hour to achieve) I also kept my make-up natural. Zoe’s hair was dead straight and she did a really subtle colour of eye shadow.

“You look sexy lady.” I said when Zoe walked up and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Thank you, you’re not so bad yourself.” Zoe said with a wink.

We walked onto the boat showing our press passes and gliding past, I felt so important...

The event was a success we were both on point and shared information we could and played coy to info we chose to not divulge, generally we made a really good impression, some girls there were beyond drunk it was just embarrassing to watch.

My night was going well so I made a quick trip to the bathroom to check on the score on the game Eagles game, but my phone couldn’t get any signal on my phone so I had to wait until I got back to dry land, boo.

Anyhow we docked around 11pm, Zoe was giving me a lift home as soon as we got in the car my phone started beeping, I had 23 missed calls and 9 messages to say I was concerned was an understatement. I called Danny first seeing as he was the only familiar number that had called me.

“Paris, hey.”Danny answered.

“Hey what the hell’s going on?” I asked quickly.

“uh Paris its nothing really...uh Nathan, he broke his knee.” Danny said quietly.

“What?”

“He got tackled when he was getting a mark, completely illegal by the way, and he landed on his left knee.” Danny said hurrying through the story.

“Oh fuck, where is he? Is he alright?”

“Umm his on his way home from the hospital now, and I haven’t seen him, I’m guessing his not gonna be great P.”

“Fuck, fuck, fuck....Ok, I’ll be there ASAP.” I said hanging up and briefly explaining the situation to Zoe.

I beat Nathan home but only just, Georgie and Danny were already there, so was a representative from the club and Lesley seemed to have made the trip up from the beach and it looked like she sped her way here.

“Oh Paris your here.” Lesley said looking relieved.

“Yeah, where is he?” I asked.

“His here.” Nathan said his voice coming from his entrance.

People immediately began fawning over him he looked more pained by this then his actual broken knee which had a cast on it, poor Nate. He didn’t even get a chance to relax, suddenly it was crisis meeting time, his manager and the coach were talking strategies, he’d be off his leg for 7 weeks, which was 6 games because they had a bi one week, it doesnt sound like a lot but but by the time he got back to playing and training to be fit enough again, it would be finales time and the eagles would have to get there without Nathan, which lots of people had doubts about. Nathan was extremely unhappy, and everyone was being so insensitive, it’s like they forgot he was a person for a minute and only remembered the brand, which to me is the pretty damn heartbreaking.

Sigh, I’ll post again tomorrow, I have to go take care of my boyfriend, seeing as no one else is planning on actually doing it.

2 comments:

  1. where ya been sister? Missin you! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. will there be more to this story? I am excited about where it is going.

    ReplyDelete