Saturday, February 26, 2011

Honestly?

“Hey pretty lady.” Zoe greeted me at the elevator; we were going to lunch together.

“Hey yourself.” I said kissing her on the cheek.

“How’s organising going for Paris?” She asked.

“Really well, Minnie’s practically got everything sorted, I’m staying with the beauty editor for their magazines for a couple of weeks while my accommodation is being organised.”

“Ooooo well remember I’m your favourite beauty editor of them all.” Zoe teased as we were getting on the elevator.

I laughed, “Of course.”

“I’m sad that you’re leaving me though.” Zoe said linking her arm in mine while we took to the street to find somewhere nice to eat.

“Me to, but I’m looking forward to a break.” I said.

“Hmm what from?” She asked.

“Real life I guess.” Zoe looked at me shocked before I began again, “God that sounded grim didn’t it?” I laughed lightly.

“What’s wrong with your life at the moment?” She asked.

“Nathan and I are we,..we aren’t right.” I said.

“Paris can I say something, without you getting offended?” She asked.

“Yes of course you can.” I said as we continued to walk along the street towards our favourite cafe, which we silently decided to go to.

“You spend a lot of time justifying your relationship, wondering what’s going on or being miserable.” She stopped talking as we sat down outside,
I wasn’t sure how to take it. Nathan and I have been happy, happier that I’ve in a long time, but on the flip side of that we’ve had lots of fights.

“I’m sorry if that sounded harsh, I didn’t mean it to, I just wanted to give an outsiders view.”

“No it’s ok, I’m a little lost, I feel like if I leave him now then I’m leaving when things got hard.”I said.

“I’m not telling you to break up with Nathan, but his injury isn’t life threatening and you told me he was getting his results back tomorrow, and he will mostly likely be playing again soon, you supported him through his hard time and now it’s your turn, you’re travelling soon and it’ll be a good chance to have some space.”

Tears sprung to my eyes, her honestly I think it’s because she said everything I was thinking, I never knew Zoe to be so honest, I needed to talk to Nathan, I needed this sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment