Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Conclusion

I went straight over to Nathans after work, I had this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, I had made an ultimatum with myself, if I wasn’t satisfied after a chat then I would end it, I wasn’t sure if I would have the guts to actually go through with it but it was certainly my plan.
I knocked on his front door, waiting for him to answer, I had a speech prepared but I wasn’t sure how much I’d get through but at least I had a plan.

“Hey.” Nathan said as he opened the door.

“Hi.” I smiled back at him.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“...um seeing my boyfriend.” I replied.

“Don’t get snappy it was just a question.”

He began walking towards the lounge room, he was in the middle of a movie.

“Nate, can we talk real quick?” I asked.

“Hmm?” He said not looking up from the TV.

“You and Becky seemed awfully cosy the other day.” I said.

He flicked off the TV but still didn’t look at me, “She’s helped me a lot of the last few weeks.”

“Yes, she has. But so have I, and you’ve barely looked at me since the injury, and we definitely aren’t sitting on your bed laughing over youtube videos together.” I said quietly.

He sighed and still wouldn’t meet my eye, “I don’t know what to say, I like Becky and yes you’ve helped me to, I never said you hadn’t, at the moment I’m finding it easier to talk to her.”

“Why?” I asked feeling a flush spread to my face, I was finding it hard to breathe.

“I don’t know.”

“Ok, fine, talk to Becky, I don’t mind, but please don’t let me find you chilling in bed with her like it’s no big deal.” I said with a bit of bite to my voice.

“Grow up Paris, we’re all adults, you should take comfort in the fact that I haven’t slept with anyone since we started going out.”

“’I should take comfort in the fact that you haven’t slept with anyone’, what the hell does that mean?” I nearly shouted.

“It means I’ve been completely faithful, but a lot of people wouldn’t have been in my position.”

“Why, why would you say that?” I asked confused.

He just shook his head.

“Nathan, why are you being a prick? I get it, you broke your knee, it sucks, but you’re going to be playing again soon and everything will be fine.”

“No you don’t get it.” He shouted.

“Fine EXPLAIN IT TO ME.” I yelled back.

“I can’t.” He said so angrily I physically recoiled.

“Ok, well I’m sorry but I can’t be overlooked and forgotten about anymore.”

He half laughed, “So what some more drama Paris, yell, scream maybe?”

“No...I’m done.” I answered.

He shook his head, “Done what? This ridiculous conversation?” He asked turning his attention back to the TV.

“No, us. I’m done; it’s too much for me. Where both not happy and we shouldn’t pretend to be anymore.”

He was quiet for a long time, and for a brief minute he looked ruffled like he was about to beg for forgiveness, he looked like the act he’d been putting on since his injury was fading away, and just as quickly as I saw my Nathan he was gone again.

”Let yourself out.”

That sentence was drawn out with finality that I needed, perhaps we were just the couples that were meant to fall in love but not be together, they world wasn’t ready for Nathan and Paris, or perhaps I wasn’t.

6 comments:

  1. I only read this blog hoping Paris and Nathan would stay together. I feel the author has only ended Paris and Nathan because she got lazy with her writing. After no posts for around two months, I expected better than this.

    Sincerely,
    a lost reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back. And I don't think you have gotten lazy in your writing (that was a little harsh) It is your story and you can write it however you want. You can't please everyone. I hope Paris and Georgie stay friends though. I am excited to read about her adventures in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "you should take comfort in the fact that I haven’t slept with anyone since we started going out" REALLY? I can't believe someone would actually say this to someone else. He's believeing his own star soccer player BS hype! I don't think this his how he really feels. I think Becky has been feeding him stuff, but he's grown and responsible for himself. It will be interesting to see if it's really over. mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get this. I don't get Nathan. I don't get how it fell apart so fast, without any fighting for it (esp. on Nathan's part). I wonder if Paris' colleague (the one who liked her,and warned her abt Nathan) was right all along. The other stuff that Audrey said makes more sense now. This is really upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - From Aussieland Too!March 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM

    Don't like it Courtney then don't read it. No need to flame the author. She explained in January why she hadn't written for a while. It is her story and it is up to her where she takes it. She has played out dramas in Nathan and Paris' lives and it has come to a conclusion as many relationships do due to one side or the other not putting in the proper effort, which the author has made clear in the past few posts. Get over it. Maybe they will get together again when Paris' returns maybe they won't but we are assured some fun while she is in Paris now. Keep up the good work Amy we realise you live a busy life. It sucks waiting but we are happy to wait. Also take the story where you wish not where a reader wishes!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I was not expecting this at all. I totally forgot about this blog because before everytime I check back nothing new. This was one of my favourites. Please don't tell me this is how it is going to end. I mean there are so many unanswered questions.

    ReplyDelete