Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pulling A Funk

“GET OUT OF BED!” Georgie screamed at me from downstairs.

“Nooooooooo.” I replied, it was day 3 in bed and Georgie was less than impressed.

“PARIS, NOW!” she yelled back.

I waddled downstairs about 10 minutes and multiple screaming matches later.

“You have to get up!” She said as I was walking down the stairs.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I said, she took one look at me and a smile cracked her tough exterior, I was wearing my dressing gown over my flannelette pyjamas and my ugg boots, I looked a treat.

“You are such a cliché at the moment.” She laughed.

I just gave her a sarcastic smile, and then Danny walked downstairs, obviously doing the walk of shame.

“Ha ha I’m the cliché? Have a nice sleep Danny?” I asked, he looked towards Georgie sheepishly.

“Have you talked to Nathan yet?” He asked trying to avoid his own embarrassment.

“No, he hasn’t tried to call me either.” I justified.

“I would talk to him if I were you.”

“Again, he hasn’t tried either; barely acknowledge I was going in the first place.”

“I’m just going to say, he isn’t taking it to well, and maybe you should bite the bullet.” Danny suggested.

“People who’ve broken up shouldn’t talk anyway, thems the rules.” I said.
Georgie and Danny shared a look, I knew what it meant, they didn’t think this was real, it is, trust me.

“So what’s going on here?” I said winking trying to get the attention off me.

There were some awkward coughs and red faces before the subject was changed, soon after Danny left and Georgie and I had a chat.

“So how you doing?” She asked.

“I’m fine, did Danny say anything?”

“Nothing exciting.” She said unconvincingly.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yep.” She answered and went into the kitchen to finish washing her dishes.

By the way she was avoiding my eye I knew she was lying...Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. Danny plays on Nathan's team and is his roommate as well. Oh and apparently he's screwing Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's Danny trying to say? Spit it out! Nathan's grown and can make his own decisions. Enough of the self-pity crap. I really like him, but he pissed me off in the last post. If that's how he really is, later, buddy. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Paris. Break ups suck but she'll be feeling better in no time, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where this story is going even though I was shocked when Nathan & Paris broke up. But like others said its your blog, do what you want.

    On a side note it makes me feel tons better about my own lack of writing to see that there are other authors who've been crazy busy too.

    ReplyDelete