Monday, March 7, 2011

Playing The Blame Game

“Hey where have you been?” Georgie asked as I walked through the door.

“Nathans.” I answered beginning my walk up the stairs.

She nodded, “Paris I know it’s hard, but it’s just going to take some time Nathan will be himself again soon.”

I couldn’t hold it together the tears stained my face in seconds and soon

I was sitting on the bottom step barely breathing, “I broke up with him
Georgie.”

Her mouth dropped as she walked over and sat next to me, “What? Paris you can’t, he needs you.”

“I’ve needed him too, it’s to exhausting.” I said as a pathetic excuse.

“Paris it’s just a bad patch, he will get better.” Georgie said as she justified her brother’s behaviour.

“Georgie, I can’t anymore, I love him so much but I’ve been giving excuses for our fights and behaviours and I realise there’s no point us both being miserable.”

“This is so sudden; did you even talk about it?”

“Didn’t have to, we both knew, he didn’t say anything.”

“He was probably shocked; it came pretty out of left field.”

“I’m sorry Georgie, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you haven’t been around him lately, since his injury his changed...”

“Can you blame him?”

“No I can’t.” I said resuming my trek up the stairs.

Great so now I was going through a break up and my roommate and friend clearly wasn’t happy because I just dumped her brother, this couldn’t get any worse.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor Paris. She so loves Nathan. Can't wait for the next post. mum

    ReplyDelete