Friday, November 19, 2010

Angry By Extension

*Hey everyone, don't forget to vote on the new poll :)

I called Nathan on the way to Audrey’s I was absolutely fuming and needed him to see it.

“Hello beautiful,” Nathan answered sweetly.

“Log on to dish the dirt.” I said instead of hello.

“Babe you know I don’t care about celebrity goss and all that.” He said, but I heard walk over to his computer click around about a minute later, while I was furiously pushing the Sunday commuters on the train Nathan let out a loud breath, signifying he had now seen the article that was trashing his girlfriend.

“What the hell is this?” He asked.

“Good fucking question.” I practically yelled and got a dirty look from a woman sitting next to me.

“Fuck is this slander or something?” He asked.

“Argh I don’t know, I think maybe but she’s not really saying anything particularly damaging for my career at least.” I said.

“Babe what the hell she said I tried to kiss her?” He asked obviously still reading the article.

“Yes, Nathan I’m going to go see what she has to say for herself.” I said impatiently standing up, ready to get off at the stop.

“What? No Paris I think that’s a really bad idea.”

“Well I’m nearly at the building, Nathan you’re forgetting that she was my best friend, this is not just some random journalist that wrote a story.”

“Ok Paris if you want to confront her that’s fine, but I honestly think you shouldn’t go alone, you say she hasn’t printed anything to affect your career but what if she does, I honestly think that you may just provoke
her.” He explained.

“I get what you’re saying but I want to talk to her, plus I still need to pick up some of my stuff too.” I justified, my arguments were becoming pretty weak.

“Babe this is the last thing I’ll say about it, I think it will get to Audrey more if you ignore it, don’t play into her petty teenage games.” Nathan said maturely.

“I love you Nathan, and just because I don’t agree with you right now doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate your advice.” I said finally stopping my speed walking and leaning against a brick wall close to the apartment.

“Just trying this new thing, umm I think it’s called communication with the woman I love?” He said lightly.

“I like it.” I smiled.

“Alright well when you’re done ranting and raving at Audrey come over and I’ll talk to my manager see what can be done about the website.” He said.

We exchanged I love you’s and I continued my trek to my old apartment.

2 comments: