Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just Breathe

“What are you doing here Georgie?” I asked as we were walking down the streets, I was extremely relived that she arrived when she did.

“Nathan called me, asked me to check on you and you weren’t answering your phone, so I freaked out and ran over here.”She explained.

“I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have worried, I would have been fine.”

“Oh yeah you looked like you were in complete control, dude she was about to pull out your hair out.” She said still gripping my arm tight.

“I never thought she’d do something like that.” I said, still shocked.

“I know, Audrey didn’t seem like the violent type.” She said.

"I didn’t think she was.” I said. I guess it was a perfect ending to an imperfect friendship, Audrey finally showed her true colours and I felt like I could finally breathe again.
_________________________________________________________________
“So what she poured water on you, pulled your hair, said I cheated on you and bagged out your family, is that it?” Nathan asked pacing up and down his lounge room while Georgie and I watched from the couch; it was safe to say he was a little pissed off.

“That about covers it.” I said trying to get him to sit down, while Georgie went to the kitchen, giving us some alone time.

“I didn’t have sex with her, I mean I did obviously, but not since I met you.” He said.

“Ok.” I said, I wasn’t going to deny that I was hoping he would give me an answer without me having to ask, I trust Nathan, he finally say next to me and I buried my head into his chest, breathing him in.

“I talked to my manager about the website, his trying really hard to get the article off, but it’s already out there, not much that can be done.” He said.

“It sucks but honestly as you said it’s out there now, I’ve been fielding calls from my family all day, at least my mum hasn’t seen it, oh well I’m a home wrecking, slut, whose boyfriend doesn’t really like her...Things could be worse I suppose.” I said snuggling into Nathan.

“Well I love you and so do my friends, and you definitely weren’t a home wrecker, I feel like we constantly have to explain and prove our relationship to other people, let’s just let it be.”Nathan said, quoting the Beatles who I recently found out were one of his favourite bands.

“You are so cute, I love you.” I said smiling, we had finally found some harmony in our crazy lives, I wonder how long it will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment