Friday, November 26, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Finally Zoe and I got to catch up after work today, we’ve both been so busy, and work has been killing her, but it’s starting to slow down. The thing is nearing Christmas, we need to get two magazine issues done, because we have the week from Christmas to New Year off and we have to be absolutely prepared to go straight to press the week after everyone is back, on the plus Hally has been keeping her distance from me, which was unexpected, I thought after the magazine article she’d be on my case, but no, she’s backed right off.

Zoe and I were catching up at our favourite little cafe right by the water.

“So that article was...intense.” Zoe said once we had gotten comfortable.

“It was a little brutal, but Nathan and I have talked and apparently it’s all false.” I explained.

“...Oh well good, you’ve talked then.” She said.

“So what’s been going on with you then?” I asked.

“Umm not much, well actually I’ve been seeing someone.” She said with a big smile on her face.

“Really? That’s awesome, who is he?” I said genuinely excited for her.

“Well his name is Breaker.”

“Breaker? Hmm interesting, what does he do?” I asked, why is that always the first question? I would hate to be defined only by my career but it’s always the first generic question that pops in anyone’s head.

“He is a production assistant for channel 6, his really lovely.” She said her smile getting bigger and bigger.

“Ah cute Zoe, tell me everything.”I asked genuinely interested.

“Well his tall, has massive blue eyes, rocks a little bit of stubble and has these square black nerd glasses and is very sexy.” She smiled.

“Oooo he sounds really cute!” I laughed, she was smitten.

“Hmmm he is.” She said allowing herself to day dream for a minute.

We chatted easily about everything for about an hour, catching up on all the lost gossip from the last few weeks, eventually we were kicked out of the coffee shop and decided to walk along the main street, suddenly we were being beckoned by an unfamiliar voice, I’m not sure why but we both stopped dead in our tracks.

1 comment: