Monday, November 8, 2010

Make Up's?

“So you won huh?” I said in lure of hello to Nathan when he called me just after 11pm.

“We won! I’m really happy you were there Paris.” He said quietly.

“Me too.” I replied honestly.

“So can I come over?” He asked carefully.

“...If you want to.” I replied, it’s not that I didn’t want him to come over, it’s just I didn’t want to sound like a broken record and ask when we were going to talk about our ‘issues’, if we didn’t do it straight away then we would probably never do it.

“Don’t sound too excited.” He chuckled.

“I’m sorry, I do want to see you, it’s just a little weird.”I said.

“Weird how?” He asked softly.

“Um well, I guess after our fight there’s a lot that needs to be said.” I answered.

“Ok well what do you want to say?” He asked.

I exhaled loudly; I didn’t really know where this conversation was leading. “So when you went to Melbourne, and that shit happened with Katie, you never really gave an explanation.” I said softly.

“I went to Melbourne with the team; our coaches don’t give us a lot of notice on these sorts of things, especially so close to a season starting and by the time I was told about it you and I were not speaking, I just didn’t know what to say and they took away our phones, but Georgie got in touch with the couch who told me about it and I came home.” He answered honestly.

“Ok.” I replied.

“I was angry Paris, Brett is a complete creep and I tried to tell you that and you didn’t listen, and then I had to hear you tell me about it when he finally showed his true colours and you were surprised, and I didn’t say anything at the time, that’s why it all came out the other night.” Nate said calmly, he wasn’t getting on the defence just explaining his point of view.

“I honestly believed he just wanted to be friends Nate, I would never have put myself in that position had I thought he was after something more.” I said.

“...I wasn’t sure I believed that before but I know you Paris and I know you wouldn’t intentionally out yourself in that place.” He said.
We were silent for a while before I started talking.

“So why didn’t you want me there today?” I asked.

“I don’t know a weird supposition that I have, I usually only have family at the first game, and I didn’t know how to tell you without sounding like a prick.” He said.

“You know you would have sounded like way less of a prick if you’d just told me, if you’d told me I would have been fine to cheer you on from home if that’s what you wanted.” I said.

He sighed, “I know, and every time I got close I just couldn’t.”

“Ok, well in future let’s just be honest with each other, I don’t want you to keep things from me because you’re scared of my reaction.” I said a few tears escaping my eyes.

“Ok, deal honesty.” He said.

“If you still wanna come over you ca-, sorry, hold on the door bell is ringing.” I said and made my way to the front door wiping my tears.
Nate was at my door, his phone in hand and some flowers in the other. I pulled him inside and kissed him, we didn’t speak he just wiped my tears away and pulled me close against him.

“I love you Paris Lorre and I couldn’t imagine not being with you.” He whispered in my ear, as he picked me up off the ground and carried me to my room.

2 comments: