Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Impressions

The barbeque was well it was pretty interesting; Nathan picked me up around 5pm on Saturday and I was very nervous.

“Babe, stop.” Nate said as he put his hand on my knee to stop the shaking.

“I’m sorry I’m scared, what if ill the girls are mean to me!” I moped.

“Ha ha don’t worry ill take care of you...” He promised.

“Hmm ok.” I said as he pulled into the driveway and pulled me in for a big kiss.

“Nate I have to tell you something, it’s not really a big deal yet, it’s just I-.” I was cut off by a massive guy practically tackling Nate out of the car.

“NATHAN, MATE!” yelled a man I recognised as Richard Vermont.

“Richie, how are you?” Nathan said patting him on the back, as I got out of the car.

“Fine, fine and this must be your lovely lady?” he asked politely giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Certainly is, Paris, Richie, Richie, Paris.” Nathan said introducing us.

“Nice to meet you.” I said smiling.

“She’s cute Nate, I approve. Come on ill introduce you to everyone.” He said swopping his hand under my waist and leading me around the back of the house where the party was, Nathan was following close behind.

“EVERYBODY, meet Luken’s new lovely girlfriend Paris, Paris this is everybody...” He said when we walked through the back gate.

The backyard was beautiful, it had a swimming pool off to the right, and a big patch of grass, the house backed onto this little river, the patio was beautifully decorated with fairy lights and a large glass table that looked onto both the river and swimming pool. The house needless to say was a big and beautiful. Argh, it was gorgeous.

Nathan’s arm quickly replaced Richie’s and he gave official introductions, all the guys were standing around the barbeque, my stomach quickly knotted as I saw the girls standing near the grass, all looking very chatty with each other, most wearing some form of heels and skinny jeans (lucky I had predicted such an event and dressed in skinny jeans and some wedges, and a floaty blue top.)

After all the introductions were finished and I safely had a drink in hand, I got chatting to a lovely girl lucky the girls weren’t anything like I expected, they were really friendly and welcoming, although there were a certain group of girls I avoided, I don’t know why but I’m pretty sure they were team Katie (Nathans ex).

“So how long have you and Nathan been going out?” Lilly asked.

“Um I met him in July and we have been dating since then, who are you dating here?...” I answered smiling.

“Uh I’m dating Lachie Barat, just over there.” She pointed to him and o-m-g he is was so beautiful I thought I might pass out.

“Oh cool, how long have you guys been dating?”I asked wondering only for a second if I was crossing a line.

“We’re entering out 3rd year together.” Lilly replied.

“Wow that’s awesome.” I smiled.

“Yeah it is pretty cool, we’ve had a couple of hiccups along the way but his always there for me.” She answered; I remember a few hiccups appearing in the gossip magazines, one involving Lachie making out with a fan in a nightclub where Lilly was about 20 metres away, needless to say Lilly went crazy and it was caught on camera, awkward indeed.

I smiled and nodded sympathetically at her, and felt someone’s arm intertwined my waist and Nathan plant a kiss on my cheek.

“Hello beautiful, sorry Lilly can I steal my girlfriend away for just a second.” Nate asked.

“No worries, good seeing you again Nate.” She smiled and joined another group nearby.

“So you’re having fun?” Nathan asked giving me another kiss.

“I am, everyone is nice.” I smiled pulling him a little closer to me.

“Good, what did you want to tell me before?” He asked his lips just inches from mine.

“Nothing...not important it can wait.”Yes I admit it, I chickened out of telling him about Paris.

“Are you sure?” He asked watching my curiously.

I nodded and he pulled me in for another kiss, before we heard Richie yelling at us.

“Guys get a room; no-one needs to see that!” He yelled his tone light.

“Sorry...”Nathan called out, but his eyes didn’t leave mine.

“I’ve gotta tell you something...please don’t be mad.” Nate said.

“What is it?” I asked a little worried.

“Ok so Danny,” He said pointing over to the group of guys, “just broke up with his girlfriend like last night, and he was wondering if he could stay with me for a little while, just until he finds a place and stuff, and I said yes, I hope that’s ok.” He rushed through his little speech; he was so cute when he was nervous.

“Babe it’s not my place it’s completely your decision and I think it’s very cool you’re looking out for your friend.” I said giving him one more, quick kiss before he dragged me over to the guys table to introduce me to Danny.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty fun, I met a couple of lovely girls and most of the guys were nice albeit some were a little sleazy. Who knew that Nathan would end up with a new roommate by the end of the barbeque? This should be very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. With Paris not telling Nathan and possibly going to Paris and(a recently single) Danny moving in, things look bad.i hope the two of them learn the art of communication and that Nathan doesn't decide to get all 'bro' on us.

    ReplyDelete