Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flight or Fight?

“So have your gotten tickets to the game yet?”Danny asked me and Nate gave him very wide eyes.

“Arrr no, was I supposed to?” I asked confused, my eyes flicked between Danny and Nathan.

“Well the first game is on Saturday, so yeah you probably should.” Danny said finally realising the tension that was developing between Nathan and me.

Nathan, Danny, Georgie and I were having a celebratory dinner over our new roommate situations; we ordered Chinese and were just sitting in front of the TV waiting for the movie we ordered to start.

“Uh well I didn’t know about it so obviously I’m not welcome.” I said a little harshly, Danny was giving Nathan an ‘I’m sorry dude’ look. I got up and dumped my plate in the sink, a little childish I know. But why didn’t Nate want me there?

There was awkward whispers coming from the living room, I could hear Georgie getting angry at him in hushed tones and he was trying to explain himself in exactly the same manner, she wouldn’t let him get a word in...
I walked into Nate’s room to finish packing up my things. Nathan walked in soon after and shut the door behind him.

“Paris I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” He said.


“Seriously Nathan, you NEVER communicate ANYTHING.” I said.

“I didn’t know how to tell you.” He said looking down.

“What, you didn’t know how to tell me you don’t want your girlfriend of three months at your first game? Well don’t worry too much your friend did it for you, like your sister told me that you were in Melbourne and your cousin told me about you growing with your aunt...there’s a lot of things that your don’t mention Nate.” I said angrily, trying to keep my voice level, I know it was a low blow about his family stuff but I was angry, and we really hadn’t communicated with each other very well lately.

“Really Paris you want to bring up things I’ve done wrong? Ok let’s get out your laundry list shall we? Hmm number 1 Brett, I warned you about him and then you’re surprised when he tried to break us up, there was Audrey all the shit she did, and your constant complaining about her...” He was really angry.

“Fuck you.” I said as I made a move to walk out of his room.

“No come on you said I don’t communicate now is our chance to start.” He said from behind as his hand reached around and shut the door.

“So what you’re sick of my constant complaining?” I yelled.

“I didn’t mean that, I’m just saying we’ve both been wrong.” He justified his voice raised.

“I never said you were the only one at fault...I meant WE both don’t communicate.” My voice still loud but I wasn’t yelling.

“Ok fine, I don’t want you at my first game, happy?” He said harshly.

“Overjoyed.” I said as I gave him a sarcastic smile and walked out to the living room.

“Georgie can we go, or do you want to stay?” I asked as I was gathering up my stuff.

“Nope we can go.” She answered quickly, giving Danny a quick kiss on the cheek and following me.

“See ya Danny.” I said just as Nathan was walking out of his room, his face stormy.

Ok so Nathan and I currently aren’t talking, and obviously I didn’t just want to hear he didn’t want me at his game but why. I really don’t care that he didn’t want me there, he probably has reasons but he WONT talk to my about it, that’s the problem, I would have been happy to sit at home cheering him on in front of the TV, but I want to know WHY I have to? Clearly there are more problems in this relationship then I thought.

3 comments:

  1. He really needs to learn how to communicate. It's incredibly hard to be in a relationship when there is no communcation. Both parties are off in their own world of what they think is going on.

    Greeat post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I think about it, Nathan and Paris aren't really that close/have a stable relationship. I do think that Paris really put herself out there with Nathan and she actually may have moved faster than Nathan wanted/was ready for. Cos for as much Nathan says he loves her, he doesn't do much to show it by keeping Paris at bay on quite a number of things. And he also only knows her for 3 months, or should I say Paris only knows him for 3 months. I think she has assumed a lot about who he is. You only think you know a person very well, instead of knowing them esp. that early on.

    ReplyDelete