Monday, October 11, 2010

Hard Labour

*Hey everyone, I apologise for the next couple of posts, I'm not entirely happy the next couple of posts but I needed to tie up some lose ends before I really get into the story! Wooohoo! Also its my birthday today! Yay! (Sorry again)

Nathan and I got to the hospital in record time, when we got there let’s just say, it wasn’t pretty. We practically ran into the room and Nathan walked straight back out again, without saying anything. Grace’s legs were up in the air and the midwife was checking how far dilated she was, I’m not going to lie childbirth is far from pleasant, and seriously the only beautiful thing that came out of the horrid experience was my brand new nephew.

“PARIS, I’m so happy you here, please lord, help me!” Grace bellowed from the bed.

“Hey guys how’s everything going? What can I do?” I asked.

“I’m going to get us some drinks, coffee Paris?” Simon asked obviously needed a little break from his wife who was in extreme pain. I think sometimes people forget about what the man goes through during his wife’s labour, like their instinct is to protect his wife or girlfriend and their lying in front of them is her screaming in pain and they can do absolutely nothing besides holding their hand.

Anyway enough of my poor daddies rant, my nephew is gorgeous, he was so alert and has these beautiful big blue eyes and oh I started balling my eyes out when he was handed to me. It’s like something took over Grace when she was actually pushing, like a sudden calm fell over the room and she looked so in love with Simon at the moment, and then he was here, my little nephew was in the world.

Nathan came into the room; he walked in carefully after his previous traumatic experience of seeing my poor sister with a doctor between her legs, I tried to explain that it got a lot worse after he left but he refused to listen to me. Nathan didn’t want to hold him he was to afraid of ‘breaking him’, but eventually I convinced him and I could see Nate falling in love with him like I had only minutes before.

Soon enough the nurses decided there were too many people in the room,
Nathan and I were tired so we decided to go back to my parents house and catch a few hours sleep.

We snuggled into my childhood bedroom, talking about everything.

“So this is your childhood bedroom hey?” He said as we were spooning in my single bed.

“It is.” I answered.

“So have you ever had any boys in this bed before?” He asked nuzzling my neck.

I had actually had another boy in here before but I decided to tell a little white lie,

“Nope, you’re the first.”

“Your totally lying right now aren’t you?” He asked, his hands travelling dangerously high up my thigh.

“Ok I did lie, but you’re the only sexy footballer that’s been in my bed.” I answered.

“Good.” He said pulling my shoulder towards him, so I was facing him, his lips hovering above mine.

“How can you be in the mood after today?” I asked my hands resting on his shoulders.

“I just think after seeing that, we should practise completely safe sex.” He joked.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, girl! And I'm LOVING this blog! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i'll email you, I haven't had the time yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday, and there is nothing wrong w/ the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I agree, the post was fine.

    ReplyDelete