Friday, October 29, 2010

Game Day

So Nathan also failed to mention his entire family was coming up to Sydney to watch his game, Georgie and I cleaned out the spare room but most of them were staying at Nathans and Danny’s because they are at the hotel anyway club rules apparently, of course I know all of this because of Georgie, Nathan and I still haven’t talked, so we managed to get Jake, Chelsea, Belle and Matt, we have like no room in our apartment for everyone but we are surviving, Nathans place had Martine (argh), West, Lesley and Brad, apparently there all going out for dinner after the game, I was asked by several people to go (just not by Nathan), so I had told them all politely that I already had plans. Georgie decided we all were going out on Friday, seeing as Nathan and Danny were already at the hotel, the older people were happy to stay in but we all went for dinner and then to a club.

We got to Mishca (club) around 11pm, it was awesome, the bar was the theme of the 70’s like an old diner, but everything else looked fairly modern, it looked so out of place that it was cool.

“So what did my brother do now?” Chelsea asked whispering in my ear over the loud music.

“haha it wasn’t just him that did things.” I whispered back.

“Hmm, ok anyway, how’s work?” She asked taking a sip of her cocktail.

“Yeah pretty good, I’m actually being sent to Paris sometime between Christmas and New Year for about three months!” I said excitedly.

“That’s awesome, congratulations!” She smiled and ordered a round of drinks on her.

Jake came and sat next to me a while later,

“So why aren’t you coming tomorrow, real reason?” He asked taking a swig of beer.

I sighed loudly before explaining, “He didn’t tell me about it, and when he did he said he doesn’t want me to come.”

“Ouch.” Jake added.

I shrugged my shoulders, “That wasn’t even what the fight was about, it was about communication.” I said using ginger quotes.

“Oh the Ye Old communication battle, Nate’s not one exactly an open person a lot of the time.” Jake said.

“Hmm I’m just trying not to think about it, it just sucks.” I said and

Jake pulled me in for a quick hug.

Then we all decided just to dance, well it was mostly me, Chelsea and Belle, we had a little too much to drink, ok a lot to much to drink...We were dancing for a solid hour without a break, every time a guy got a little close to us Matt (Belle’s husband) came over and made it clear she wasn’t available without being rude. Belle told Chelsea and me all about her Tahiti honeymoon, it sounded amazing, they swam and ate and generally had an amazing time together, she didn’t fail to mention the copious amounts of sex that they were having (STILL) either...

Just after 2am Georgie coaxed me, Chelsea and Belle into a taxi and the boys followed in one of their own.

“PARIS, pleasssse come to the game tomorrow.” Chelsea slurred.

“I want to, I really do but I can’t.” I replied also slurring.

“You and Nathan are good together, I like you Paris.” She said with drunken affection.

“Chelsea I like you too!” I said as she hugged me.

We all fell into bed, somehow Chelsea and I ended up sharing my bed, everyone woke up about 9am, kick off was 2pm but they were planning to get there about 12 which is apparently pretty standard for the first game of the season, I however was moping around the apartment feeling sorry for myself and trying not to vomit.

“Are you sure you can’t come?” Jake asked me once more as we were eating breakfast.

I shook my head to afraid to open my mouth in case I puked.

“He’d love it if you were there.” Matt added.

“No he wouldn’t, see he actually invited you guys, I was told three days ago by Danny...he doesn’t want me there and if he doesn’t want me there I don’t want to be there.” I said getting up and cleaning the kitchen from the breakfast mess, I could hear their conversation that ensured after I left.

“He is such a freakin’ idiot sometimes.” Belle muttered loudly.

“I know, he finally gets a nice girl, and he is going to fuck it up.” Chelsea said.

“I’ll chat to him tonight.” Jake added.

Suddenly then Florence and the Machines blasted through my phone, it was Nathans personal ringtone, after the wedding we had changed it, it was like our own sexy inside joke.

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door; I answered the phone on the third ring,

“Hello?” I answered.

“Paris, hey.” Nate answered there were loud voices booming out of the background.

Then it got a little awkward, both of us didn’t know what to say, I figured if he called me he’d have some sort of script to follow, like us woman when we call a boyfriend after a fight.

“Good luck today Nate.” I said quietly.

“Argh...I know we have to talk about our stupid fight, but I really need you to be here today, I know I’m a massive ass, but I really, really need
to know your here.” He practically begged, he sounded really nervous...

“Nathan I -,” I started to say but I was cut off.

“Please Paris? Please?” He begged and my eyes filled with tears at the sound of his desperation.

“Ok, I’ll be there.” I said.

He breathed a loud sigh of relief, “Thank you and I promise we can talk after the game.”

We finished the conversation then, so it looks like I’m going to the football. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Finally caught up! yay! OK Paris! I know you love Nathan... but i remember he promised to talk about a lot of things too. Huh guys work it out, cause i love your relationship!

    Awesome Job!!!!! Obsessed with this blog now!
    Kate :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Such a great ending to an equally great post!!! Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Nathan called and told her that she needed to be at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not so sure how i feel about that - thats not right of nate to do and to make her feel like she has to go... i hope hes true to his word and they can talk after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Paris deserves a lot more than that. Nathan put her in a corner and somehow I don't buy his excuses/promises.

    ReplyDelete