Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Homeless

“WHAT SHE KICKED YOU OUT?” Zoe screamed after I told her the story, I managed to keep it together for all of about 5 minutes after walking into her apartment and I broke down in tears.

“Yep, I’m homeless.” I cried.

“Oh sweetie, I knew she was bad news.” Zoe said handing me a shot of tequila.

“I didn’t, she was my best friend, I have known her for a long time I didn’t expect her to say those things to me.” I said sculling the tequila.

“Unfortunately that’s just what happens, you outgrow people and that is the sucky reality of life. Why do you think so many people get divorced? Look the thing is your in completely different places in your lives, you’re getting offered internships overseas and she is barely getting published, I don’t mean that in a bitchy way they are the facts.” She said.

“I know argh Zo why are you so smart?” I asked.

“I have no idea.”

“Zo where am I going to live?” I asked shutting my eyes.

“You can stay here until you find something...I’ll look after you darling.” She said sympathetically.
____________________________________________________________
That was the last thing I remember before falling asleep, it was one of the best sleeps I’ve had alone in a long time.

Work the next day, Audrey and I hadn’t spoken but I didn’t expect us to, I still needed to go and get some things from the apartment, like my bed and stuff but I’d need a moving truck, Nathan would probably help, I decided to go see him after work.

Danny answered the door,

“Ooo you look miserable.” He said in way of hello.

“Hmm, I’m ok.” I said walking inside.

“Nathans in his room.” Danny said as he resumed his position in front of the TV.

“Hey baby...” I said knocking on his door and pushing it open, he had an ice bag on his knee and was reading a magazine.

“Hey.” He answered.

“What happened?” I asked taking position next to him on the bed.

“Oh nothing much, just an old knee injury playing up, it’ll be fine.” He answered putting his magazine down and snaking his hand around my waist.

“Damn, do you want a massage?” I asked playfully.
He laughed softly, “Maybe later.”

“How was your day?” He asked.

“Hmm ok, I stayed at Zoe’s last night.” I answered.

“Why?” He asked.

“Audrey kicked me out...”

“What?” He asked shocked.

“Hmm there was a photo of Katie and her together, I asked her why, and then it escalated, we both said things and I am now homeless.”

“What? I don’t even know what to say.” He replied stunned.

“Yep, I’m over her...I need to find somewhere to live.” I said thinking out loud.

“You can move in here if you want...just until you find somewhere else.” He asked.

“uhh...are you sure?” I asked.

“Why not? We have sleepovers all the time, and it won’t take you long to find somewhere.”He suggested.

“There’s a big difference between sleepovers a couple of times a week, and bringing all my stuff here while I look for a new place...” I said.

“Yes but your only staying until you get a place...” He prodded.

“Hmm ok.” I smiled and kissed him gently.

“Good, and Danny can help me get the big pieces of furniture because he owes me...” Nathan smiled and kissed the top of my nose.

“Nathan I’m not sure what Audrey is going to do...I mean what if she prints stuff about you.” I said.

“Come on, she wouldn’t do that, you guys have had a pretty bad fight but Audrey wouldn’t do that.”

She wouldn’t, would she?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totaly think Audrey would print stuff about Nathan. I think she is a shallow bitch who will do whatever it takes to get ahead. I don't think moving in with Nathan is a good idea, even if it is only temporary. She should just stay with Zoe.

    ReplyDelete