Friday, October 15, 2010

How to Mend a Broken Heart

“So what he just came right out and said that I was using you?” Nathan said angry pacing around his bedroom.

“Yep...” I said realising that on reflection telling him probably wasn’t a great idea.

“What a tool, seriously if I see that guy...” He muttered.

“What are you going to do?” I asked a little concerned.

“Well, he will be getting a good talking to.” He said sitting on his bed.

“Oh baby.” I said giggling and pulling him in for a hug.

“No, seriously Paris he has no right, he doesn’t know me and he doesn’t
know us.” He said angrily.

“I know.” I answered waiting for him to get out all his complaining.

“I know the footballer stereotype, that’s not me. I’m not the guy that has sex with tonnes of girls or plays games and I am definitely not playing you.” He said sincerely.

“I know Nathan; we wouldn’t be together if I didn’t honestly believe that you were you.”I smiled adjusting myself on his lap.

“Good.” He said kissing the tip of my nose.

“Sooo where’s Danny?” I asked changing the subject.

“I don’t know, we moved most of his stuff in yesterday, god I hate moving it sucks.”

“Nate I...I’ve been meaning to tell you something...it kind of a big deal I mean it might be... I’ve been...well I have been offered an internship in Paris its-”I said speaking quickly.

“Babe that’s amazing.” Nate cut me off.

“I know it’s pretty cool; the thing is Minnie said it would be for the next 3 months, maybe longer.” I finished watching Nate’s face carefully.

“Oh.” Was all he managed to say, his eyes dropped from mine.

“I know.” I said as Nate shuffled me off his lap and walked over to his bedroom door.

“Paris I’m really happy for you.” He said fairly genuinely as he opened his door and walked to the kitchen.

“Nate I haven’t decided if I’m going yet...” I said following him.

Nathan turned quickly looked at me through wide eyes as though I was crazy, “No Paris you have to take this opportunity.”

“I want to Nate; I really do but why now? Why couldn’t this happen before?” I asked.

“Because you’re amazing at your job now...” He said smiling.
I pouted a little bit and Nathan pulled me into him his arms and kissed the top of my head, “Don’t get me wrong, I am so excited it’s just I don’t want to go now!” I said.

“Hey if you only don’t want to go because of us, we will work it out. We can do long distance for 3 months, easy.” He said still holding me close.
Tears welled up in my eyes and I buried my face into his chest,

“Hey come on don’t cry, I hate seeing you cry.” He said.

“I’m sorry; you’re just being so nice.” I said laughing which spurred on more tears; simply I was a messy little Paris.

“What did you expect me to do?” He chuckled.

“Do you really think we could do the long distance thing?” I asked my head still buried in his chest still sniffling away and ignoring his question.

“Yep I think so, it’s only 3 months, and we already expected some sort of distance with me travelling for footy, this is just a little more extreme, don’t get me wrong it’s going to suck but we can do it.”He reassured me.

“I love you.” I said meeting his eyes for the first time since this conversation began.

“I love you too, and Paris I promise we can do it, you mean way too much to me for us not to try.” Nathan finished just as Danny walked into the kitchen, I wanted to say something else to him unfortunately we were interrupted, the joys of having a roommate.

“Hey guys, ooooh, am I interrupting something?” He asked as Nathan and I broke apart.

“Nope, all moved in?” I asked grabbing an apple to munch on and pulling a stool out to sit at the breakfast bar, and lazily started flicking through a magazine.

“Yep, moving sucks.” He smiled.

“It definitely does.” I decided I liked Danny, he was very real, he was a lot like Nathan in that respect didn’t really let his money or his status go to his head.

“So do you guys want to hang out tonight?” He asked.
Nathan looked at me and I nodded and stood up.

“Certainly do, we can help you mend that broken heart.” I smiled as Danny swooped his hand under my waist and led me to the couch,

“Haha, thanks Paris, now what’s the first movie?” He laughed as Nathan came and sat on the couch, we snuggled and watched some terrible movies, my vote didn’t count because the boys ganged up on me, hmm oh well.

1 comment: