Monday, September 6, 2010

Accountant

Minnie called me into her office today, I thought it might have been about the interview with Katie, everything was organised for it, we had some sample clothes and the accessories. I did love organising the interview even if it was for my boyfriends ex.

“Good morning Paris. How’d everything go organising the interview?” Minnie asked.

“Everything is organised. We booked the location and the clothes and everything.” I answered, handing over the relevant paper work.

“Good work, it looks like you have everything handled; I have to ask one more favour though.”

“No worries, what do you need?” I asked.

“We have a new accountant coming on staff, because the big boss thinks we aren’t being careful enough with our budget. Blah, blah. Anyway this guy is new from Melbourne, so would you mind showing him around the office, and show him the area around the office today?” She asked.

“Yeah no worries, I would love to. Did you say he?” I asked wondering how a guy was going to fit into such a female dominated work place.

“I did, big boss also thought we needed to incorporate a male opinion into the magazine. Obviously that doesn’t make sense, seeing as we are a woman’s magazine.”

She sounded exasperated, like she had said the same thing multiple times.

I smiled, “well don’t worry about it; I’ll take care of him!”

Then I heard a knock on her office, I spun around and saw him. He was a plate of mouth watering, deliciousness, he looked exactly like Brad Pitt (Not Brad Pitt now, but back when he was in Troy), he had longish sandy blonde hair and was oh so beautiful. I’m probably not describing him to well...but goodness me.

“Hello Brett, come in.” Minnie said, she gave me a quick I know his hot but please keep it together look. “This is Paris; she will be your tour guide today.” He smiled at me and extended his hand; I took it and smiled my biggest smile.

“Hey Brett I’ll show you around the office, let you meet everyone.” I said.

“Thanks heaps.” He smiled, and my knees went weak.

I showed him around, and introduced him to all the girls in the office, they all went stupid, laughing loudly and going bright red. It was great, but I’m pretty sure I had the same reaction when he even looked in my direction. We decided to go out for lunch, I invited Zoe, she said she’d try to get there but she wasn’t sure.

“This place is really yummy; any of the stir fry’s are good!” I said to Brett, we were sitting at me and Zoe’s favourite Chinese place.

“Thanks heaps for today Paris, seriously I know you probably had better things to do but I really appreciate it.” He said.

“No worries, seriously I had fun anyway. I think you’ll fit in here, surprisingly.” I said smiling.

“Why is it surprising?” He asked curiously.

“I mean we don’t have any guys working at the magazine. We are all girls, and get along pretty well, so it’ll be good to have a change.” I said grinning stupidly big.

“You have a beautiful smile.” He said, “Is there any way you would go out with me, you know after work hours.”

“Uh, I don’t think my boyfriend would like that too much.” I said trying to make light of the potential awkwardness.

“Ah, I’m sure he wouldn’t.” He said laughing.

“I’m sorry...but we could be friends.” I said.

“Friends it is.” He said amused.

We had a nice lunch talking about the office and the gossip and who to avoid (Hally). Despite the awkward moment, I really think that I have a new friend.

3 comments:

  1. i could see this being a disaster...you know how boys are

    ReplyDelete
  2. it might be a good disaster... can't wait for more!!! Kate

    ReplyDelete