Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ugliness

When I got to Nate’s apartment after hanging out with Georgie it was clear he was NOT happy with me. He opened the door, his usually cuddly nature nonexistent, Uh-Oh.

“Hey.” I said, giving him a kiss, which he pulled away from VERY quickly.

“Hi.”

A Painfully awkward silence occurred. He hadn’t invited me in so I was just standing in his doorway.

“...so, can I come in or?” I asked carefully.

He moved slightly and I walked in, ok so he was mad at me. I might be a little late to the game, but I can catch on to the rules pretty quickly.
Again I stood awkwardly, looking at his lounge room. I turned around to see Nate watching me.

“Ok, so you’re obviously mad at me.” I said I tried to keep my voice light, I really wasn’t good at arguments and one was definitely brewing.

“Yep.” He said walking right passed me and plonking himself on the couch.

“Hmm ok. Why?” I asked following him.

“Really Paris, you have no clue?” he asked.

“Well... I saw you last night, and we were all having fun.” I answered honestly.

“Yeah, you were having a great time. So was Brett.” He replied angrily.

I couldn’t help it; I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “We were all having fun Nate.”

“Oh yeah we all had a great time, I’m sure if you laughed any louder at Brett’s jokes you would have cracked a rib.”He said standing up and getting some water.

“Nathan, Brett and I are just friends! I would never, ever jeopardise what we have.”I sighed.

He seemed to calm down a little. “I feel like an ass Paris, but the way he looks at you...”He said.

“Don’t feel like an ass Nate, Brett is just a friend. I don’t think of him like that and he doesn’t think of me like that, if you spent more time with him you’d realise that.” I said.

“So your gonna keep hanging out with him then?” He asked his tone harsh once again.

“Uh...yeah. He is my friend Nate.” I said slightly aggravated.

Then it got worse, we both got overly heated, about a completely silly subject. I ended up leaving, the issues remain unresolved...I know that Brett and I had a weird moment, but I just wished Nathan trusted ME enough to realise that I would NEVER do anything to screw up this relationship.

He obviously doesn’t realise how much I care about him.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like it would be the same situation if a girl (who wasn't a fan) got really close as a "friend" with Nate. I know we think boys overreact sometimes, but I think women know women and it goes the same that men know men. I hope Paris stops hanging out with someone who is so clearly taken with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I blame Nathan. I realize that she and Brett work together, but the hugs and kisses need to stop immediately. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you erase the past post? just wondering? maybe i'm hallucinating

    ReplyDelete
  4. What i love about this post, was the words you used... idk it just hit me.. Wow great post! i love the " i might me a little late to the game but i but I can catch on to the rules pretty quickly." sentence. New favorite Post! :) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt so sorry for Nate writing this post! :( and also Paris, I think she's a little naive inregards to this situation!

    Anon: I'm not to sure to be honest, had some technical difficulties, I was trying to schedule a post for 5am, but it posted right away. I was in a hurry so I just deleted it...thought I deleted this post, but anyway if its deleted I'll repost it! :D

    Ahh thanks Kate! Glad your enjoying it! :D

    ReplyDelete