Friday, September 17, 2010

What Katie did next!

*Sorry this is sooo late, I was babysitting tonight its just after midnight here and I completley forgot...Sorry! :D

Nate and I were doing a perfect job of avoiding each other. I hadn’t spoken to him since we had the fight. I was in a bad mood to say the least, to top off a wonderful week Katie Santsee was interviewing at the magazine today. Minnie, Hally and I were waiting for Katie outside the building where we were doing the photo shoot.

“Ok Hally, do anything to keep her happy ok?” Minnie stressed.

“Of course Minnie, don’t worry. I have everything she asked for.” Hally said.

“Good, good. And what’s wrong with you lately Paris.” Minnie asked.

“Nothing, why?” I asked lightly, pretending that I didn’t feel like I was going to puke at the thought of interviewing Katie.

“You just don’t seem very happy.” She looked concerned.

“Well it’s got to be hard for you, interviewing your boyfriends ex, and his not even talking to you!” Hally said laughing like it was the funniest thing she’d ever said.
Minnie’s face was mixed feelings, she was assessing the situation. Instead of doing anything she silently walked back inside.

“How dare you? That’s my business Hally, not yours. You have no right talking about Nathan or me, and you also have no idea about our relationship. I suggest you don’t listen to idol gossip.” I said angrily.

“How dare I? You have been treated like freakin’ God since you walked in to Radiance. You start dating a football player, who you met at work yet, you get promoted faster than you and Nathan jumped into the sack and now you’re about to get yours.” She said harshly.

I couldn’t help it tears sprang to my eyes. I couldn’t think of a good come back so I simply said, “You have NO idea what you’re talking about.”

She smiled obviously proud she had gotten to me. Katie pulled up soon after. She looked impeccable as she got out of her car, her long jet black hair straight; as it sashayed behind her, her eyes against her tan skin stood out and her tall and small figure fitted perfectly into the skinny jeans she was wearing.

“Hello Katie, thank you so much for agreeing to do this.”Hally said as she was opening the car door.

“Hmm, its fine. Please tell me you have my water.”She said her eyes glancing over me.

“Certainly do. I’ll show you to hair and make-up!” Hally said brightly.

“And what’s your name?” Katie asked looking in my direction.

“Hi, sorry I’m Paris.” I said smiling my friendliest smile.

“You look extremely familiar Paris, where do I know you from?”She asked curiously obviously deciding if I was a friend or foe.

I hesitated but decided against telling her the truth, “Not sure to be honest, Sydney isn’t that big of a place. I suppose we’ve just seen each other around.”I shot Hally a warning look as if to say, you better not tell say anything.

So Hally led Katie through to make-up just as Zoe had just come down from the office to see how things were going.

“Hey, why do you look miserable?” Zoe asked.

“I’m fine, why does everyone think that?” I said a little harsher then intended.

Zoe raised her eye brows at me, “Meow.” She said her fingers clawing the air.

“I’m sorry, nothing. I just...I haven’t talked to him in like 5 days Zoe, and now I’m here with Katie, who is tall and skinny as a coat hanger, beautiful long hair and eyes that make me want to get contacts and I just keep thinking am I really good enough to be with him?” I spilled to her, tears filling my eyes, and not for the first time that day.

“Sweetie, you have no idea how awesome you are. You are beautiful and smart and you deserve everything positive in the world, Nathans the lucky one here. And your both as stubborn as each other, you need to call him.” She said handing me a tissue.

“Thank you Zoe. You’re right I’m gonna call him.”I said feeling a little less sorry for myself.

Suddenly everybody turned their heads towards a high pitch squeal, followed by yelling of something I couldn’t make out, I quickly realised somebody was yelling my name. I looked at Zoe, whose face mirrored mine, shock. Shit was about to hit the fan.

“PARIS, WHERE IS SHE? PARIS?” Katie was yelling.

“I’m here!” I said sighing. “What is it Katie?” I asked playing dumb.

“Well, the fact your fucked my boyfriend is kind of a problem.” She said loudly. I couldn’t believe this was happening, not here I worked so hard to get here at Radiance I couldn’t afford to lose my job. I also couldn’t handle people thinking that I had ‘fucked her boyfriend’ as she had so eloquently put it; they were broken up ‘officially’.

“Can we talk about this outside please?” I asked quietly Minnie had walked in on the commotion.

“NO we can’t, why should you be spared embarrassment? That’s all I have gone through in the last few months, so NO Paris we can’t go outside.” I haven’t seen anyone look so hateful.

“I’m sorry, but I won’t do this. Not here.” I said and made a move to walk away. Suddenly I felt someone spit on me, I let out a disgusted groan before I turned around swiftly. Zoe moved between us, and Minnie rushed over.
They were both obviously appalled, at her actions I just felt like I was about to throw up.

Minnie quickly pulled me aside, “Paris, I think you should go home.”

“Ok, I’m sorry.” I said, Minnie quickly shook her head and I grabbed my bag. I turned my around to see Hally smiling at the situation that had unfolded in front of her. Katie was still yelling at me, as I made my way to the door, tears now falling freely down my face. I sat in my car, and grabbed my phone; Nathan was the only person who I wanted to talk to.

2 comments:

  1. Hally is an unbelievably jealous bitch! OMGoodness! And Katie...what a diva. I really hope Paris' job isn't in jeopardy over this. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Mum! :D Hally is a bitch and sooo is Katie!

    ReplyDelete