Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Everything is Better In the Daylight

“I feel like someone just vomited in my mouth...” Zoe said while we were walking to work the day after Katie’s photo shoot and our excessive drinking fest.

I couldn’t help but laugh, “You are disgusting. Everyone’s gonna stare at us, you look like you haven’t slept in a week and I got spat on by the ‘talent’ yesterday.”

“Speak for yourself I look amazing.” Zoe joked, the irony obvious we both looked like death hit by a car and then run over.

We walked in to the office from major stares, Zoe and I parted ways and I sat down at my desk. Almost immediately I was called into Minnie’s office, “Paris, please come in here.”

I walked in and shut the door behind me; I had been practicing my apology all morning and was hoping it was going to be enough.

“Minnie before you say anything, I am so sorry. I honestly didn’t think she would recognise me, and I didn’t think she would get that angry, I take complete responsibility.” I said.

“Paris please, we all saw what went on yesterday. To be honest I don’t really care about your personal life, but I did want to check your ok?” She said sincerely.
“Uh, yeah I’m fine...”I said cautiously.

“Paris, I’m not your mother but I care about you and your career, you are one of the most promising young journalists I have ever met. I don’t want your personal life to effect how successful you’re going to be. So when you walk out of the office you’re going to look like I punished you and made you feel even worse, I can’t have people thinking I have favouritism towards you Paris, but I have great plans for you, if you give me your loyalty I will do everything I can for you.” Minnie said.

“Minnie, you don’t realise how much that means to me. I will do anything.” I said.
She simply nodded at me; I took that as my cue to leave.

I worked hard all day, about 3.30 I got an email from Zoe.

Subject: Oh shat...
Body:
You’re a celebrity? This was pulled from Australian ‘OK’ website!

“No, no, no our (least) favourite model turned T.V host apparently caused ALOT of problems at her Radiance interview early yesterday, but where would we all be without some Katie Santsee drama? Little Katie apparently flipped at the editors assistants, the one who is currently dating Nathan Luken, Katie’s ex. Confused yet? So are we. Katie said to actually spit on the young woman (gross); the young hottie has been identified as Paris Lorre, who was apparently told to leave the set...dayum! Although how can we really blame Katie? If a guy as hot as Nathan dumped me, I’d be bitter too!”

At least you were described as a hottie?

- Zoe

Great. Oh and I still haven’t heard from Nathan...

3 comments:

  1. Really hope Nathan hasn't gone off and done something stupid that will threaten his relationship with Paris. One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really wanted Nathan to be a good guy, but not calling makes him a complete DICK! (excuse my language) By now, am sure he's heard about the Paris-Katie incident, like everyone else in Australia. I'm so disappointed.

    On a happy note: I love Minnie!
    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this from beginning to end and I am loving it! Great job! im also trying to start my won blog feel free to swing through http://justjaycee-jugglinglife.blogspot.com/

    Cant wait to keep reading

    ReplyDelete