Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Interesting Offers

“Babe, babe wake up your alarm is blaring.” I heard Nathan say as I was slowly coming out of the best sleep I’ve had in forever.

“Hmm sorry, morning.” I turned around and hugged him.

“Last night was...amazing.” I said smiling at him.

“Last night was definitely amazing.”He said kissing my forehead. We were silent for a while before he asked, “Babe I forgot to ask you, did you want to come to this barbeque with the team and their wives and girlfriends and stuff on Saturday?”

I hesitated for a second, I had seen some of these girls in magazines and on TV and if Katie was anything to go by I was nervous, but I thought I owed Nathan at least a barbeque. “Sure...there not like all...crazy are they?” I asked, slightly terrified.

He chuckled softly before responding, “No of course not, there are some really nice girls around...and then there are so bitchy ones. But I’ll take care of you.”

“Hmmm, I’m scared. Any bet they will all be drop dead gorgeous.” I said.

“Not as gorgeous as you, seriously you don’t see it do you?”

“What?” I asked.

“How freakin’ unbelievably sexy and beautiful you are.”

“Shut-up you’re such a loser.” I said hitting him playfully; he shook his head at me, like he couldn’t believe I didn’t see it.

“So Saturday?” I asked.

“Yeah. It’s at Richard Vermont’s house, just near darling harbour.” He said.

“Really, well it’s quite an interesting bunch of friends you have Nate, seriously football superstars who live in the most expensive suburb in Australia.” I joked.

“Uh yes, I do roll with the rich and famous but really I am just a lonely boy looking for somebody to love me.” He said lightly.

“Do you think I could be that somebody.” My tone dramatic.

“You already are miss Paris Lorre.” He said as he kissed me nose and I smiled at him.

“So should I bring anything? How do your people barbeques work?” I asked.

“Well we tend to all look ridiculously good, invite paparazzi, do interviews, have a threesome with your mate’s wife and her friend, you know the usual.” He joked.

“Haha, so funny Mr. Luken. How am I supposed to know what goes on?”

“Their normal people Paris just like me and you. Will sit down and chat and have a couple of drinks, etc.” He explained.

“Ooook, thankyou my darling boyfriend. But I better go, I do actually have to go to work today, when do you have practice next?” I asked.

“Have a practice at 2pm today; we never have afternoon practices it’s really weird.”

“Well I should be letting you sleep in.” I said as I attempted to get out of bed.

“No, come on just be a little late, your my little hot water bottle.” He said as he
playfully pulled me back under the covers.

“Well I would love to, but seeing as your ex-girlfriend spat on me and told everyone that we were having sex while you guys were together, I need to try not to fuck up again, at least for a little while.” I laughed, Nate didn’t, I realised that this was still pretty fresh for him.

“I’m sorry Nate I shouldn’t have said that. But it’s not your fault, it was sucks but it’s over and I’m the one that gets to snuggle up to you at night.” I said smiling.

“I just hate that she did that, seriously Paris you didn’t deserve it. She should be taking it out on me if anyone.”He said.

“This is officially not an issue anymore, I’m tired of complaining about it, it happened it sucked, and it’s over.” I said finally.

“Ok we’re done talking about.” Nate said finally.
__________________

“PARIS, come in here please?” Minnie yelled from her office, despite the fact we have phones to contact one and other she insists on bellowing.
I walked into her office, “Hi Minnie, what can I do for you?” I asked politely.

“Paris, I’ve just had an interesting off for you.” She relied mysteriously.

“Oh really and what’s that?”

“Well I’ve just had a call from our sister magazine in Paris, they were wondering if we wanted to send anyone over to Paris, like an internship.” She said.

“Oh ok. That’s nice of them.” I replied.

“Paris, I want to send you.” Minnie said.

“You want to send me to Paris? As in Paris, France?” I replied shocked.

“Yes, I’m trying to persuade you to go to Paris.”She answered.

“Me?” I replied dumbly.

“Yes, Paris it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. Where not asking you to go forever,
I’m only asking you to go for a few months. You don’t have to say yes right now, the option will there until the end of the year, but I would prefer you to go sooner rather than later before your promotion starts.”She explained.

Immediately I thought of Nathan, and I silently scolded myself. I promised myself that I would never answer to a boy, and here I was being offered the chance to go to Paris and all I can think about is waking up to next to Nathan exactly like this morning.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds an awfulllll lot like the hills season 1...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not in a bad way! i liked the hills!

    ReplyDelete