Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Much Testosterone

Work has been super duper busy the last couple of days, we got an updated list of Katie’s demands, like special brands of water that she can drink and a certain fruit, from a particular fruit shop she can eat. So it’s needless to say I have been crazy busy, poor Nate told me he had been feeling a little rejected, so I suggested he pick my after work.

Anyway Brett was fitting in perfectly, he picked up his job easily and was getting along with everyone, Zoe, Brent and I went to lunch almost every day of the week together.

Nate called me about 6.15pm to let me know he was downstairs; Brent was leaving at the same time so we walked out together.

“So what are you doing tonight?” I asked while we were waiting for the elevator.

“Not much, going home...” He said.

I felt bad for him, but I promised Nathan that we would have a night together just us, otherwise I would have asked him to come to dinner.

“Oh no that sucks, I’m sorry. Did you want to come over for dinner on Saturday; we can invite Zoe and her boyfriend and Nate and my roommate...” I asked.

“Uhh, your roommate doesn’t have a boyfriend does she? I can’t handle all couples.” he laughed.

“Nope! And I’ll invite Nate’s sister...you’ll like her heaps.” I said excitedly, I hadn’t had a dinner party in ages, it was a good excuse to get everyone together, and also to see if Brett and Georgie would hit it off, they’d be cute together I reckon.

The doors open and Nate was waiting for me, looking all handsome and clean shaven.
“Hey babe, this is Brett, the new accountant I was telling you about.”I said giving him a quick kiss.

“Hey mate.”Nate said.

“Hey man, heard lots about you.”Brett said.

There was so much testosterone in the room, it got kind of awkward.

“Uh ok, so I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said giving Brett a quick hug
____________________

“Ok, so where are you taking me?” I asked Nathan, when we were alone.

“I thought we could just walk around and choose somewhere, sound ok?” He asked.

“Awesome, how was practise today?” I asked wrapping my arm around his waist as we walked.

“Ok, getting easier. So what’s the deal with Brett?” He asked making a face.

“What’s that face for? His really cool Nate.” I said laughing.

“I’m sure he is, you guys have become fast friends.” He said.

I stopped him on the street before speaking, “Don’t be jealous babe. Brett’s just a friend, and you’re definitely more than a friend, I promise.”

He smiled a stupidly big grin and kissed the top of my nose, “I’m not jealous...Ok a little jealous.”

Suddenly I hear a high pitched scream, and two young teenage girls about 16 run over to us.

“OMIGOD! YOU’RE NATHAN LUKEN!” Screamed the first girl.

“O-M-G I TOTALLY LOVE YOU!” Screamed the second girl.

I gave Nathan a look, as if to say ‘now I’m a little jealous,’ he laughed and stuck his tongue out at me, before taking photos with the two giggling girls.
Nathan and I went home that night and showed each other how not jealous we both were...over and over again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment