Friday, September 10, 2010

Dinner Party

So I managed to get everyone to come, even though it was late notice. I decided to make this yummy Greek salad for starter, spaghetti with some crusty garlic bread for main and mud cake served with ice cream for dessert. YUM.... Nathan agreed to come over early and help me cook.

“So babe, who’s coming tonight?” Nate asked when I came out from the bathroom fixing my makeup.

“Uh ok, you, me, Audrey, Zoe and Mark her boyfriend, Brett, Georgie...That’s it.” I said excitedly.

“Oh ok cool...I have training tomorrow so I might need to duck out a little early.” He said.

“Training on a Saturday? Well that sucks, you could just stay with me tonight if you want?” I said kissing him slowly; while he was running his hands over my back.

“Hmmm maybe I will, if you promise to kiss me like that again.”He said, I pulled him closer to me in response.

“Well we better stop kissing like that, or I won’t be a very good host, now will I.” I said attempting to pull away.

“You’ll be a good host to me.” He said smiling.
_____________________________________________

We were all sitting around the dining room table; everybody was getting along really well. Even Mark and Zoe were getting along great, which was a surprise after our little chat the other day. Although I realised about half way through the dinner Georgie and Brett would be better off just as friends, I also noticed that Nathan and Brett were pretty similar, so she probably saw him as more of a brother figure.

About 10.30 Nathan whispered in my ear, “Babe, I’m going to bed. Sorry to be lame, I have to get up early tomorrow.”

“No worries, wake me up before you go tomorrow?” I asked.

“Of course I will.” He gave me a quick kiss.

“Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but I’m going to head off to bed. I have practice early in the morning...”He said to a bunch of groans.

“I think we better go too.” Zoe said Mark nodded in agreement.

“Hmm me too...I’m so tired.” Georgie yawned.

They all offered to help clean up, but I was happy to do it. The mess is a sign of a successful dinner party. Audrey went to bed after everybody left so it was just Brett and I.

Brett insisted on helping me clean up, it didn’t take long so we decided to go sit in the lounge room and have another drink.

“So you had a good night?” I asked.

“I did, your right everybody is really cool. Seriously thanks Paris for introducing me too people and showing me around and everything. I really appreciate it.” Brett said genuinely.

“No problem Brett. I think you’re a cool guy, and plus if I didn’t you would have been stuck with Hally.” I said laughing.

“Did I tell you she asked me out for drinks...”He said. Brett also realised what a toxic person Hally was, he had seen her around the office and how she treated everyone.

“Really? Hmm I’m not surprised.” I laughed.

We chatted easily and before I knew it the clock read 1am, I had to be up earlier than normal for a Saturday because Georgie and I had decided to go to Bondi for lunch and a bit of shopping.

“Ha it’s already 1.” I said yawning hoping Brett would get the hint that it was time to go.

“It is too, I better go. You need your beauty rest.” He smiled.

We got up and I gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, he stared at me for a second to long before I shut the door. I’m really hoping I didn’t give him the wrong idea about tonight.

Instead of over thinking things I just snuggled in bed with Nate, I woke up to him giving me a kiss as he was rushing out for training, I instantly got a stabbing feeling of guilty and I couldn’t understand why.

3 comments:

  1. uh oh! Paris i hope she doesn't do something she'll regret but it would be great to see some more drama. :D Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though she doesn't mean to be, Paris may being a little to friendly with Brett. The little hug here and peck on the cheek there. Even though he's been with Paris and Nathan socially and can see they are obviously a couple, Brett might be a little dense. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. Sounds like something naughty is in the offing.

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete