Saturday, September 18, 2010

Missed Calls

“Hey you’ve reached Nathan. Sorry I couldn’t get to the phone, leave your name and number, I might just call you back.” Nathan’s machine rattled off.

“...hey Nate, please call me back as soon as you get this.” I said sniffling, and unable to hide my tears.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my car window, I jumped sky high, and then I saw Zoe smiling weakly at me.

I rolled down my window, “Hey.” I said.

“Hey, can I come for a drive?” she asked.

“Of course but don’t you have work to do?”I asked as she was getting into my car.
“Minnie sent me after you. She said she wanted to get this bitch out of here, meaning Katie.” Zoe laughed; I couldn’t help but join in. Minnie NEVER said bitch, so it must mean she was pretty angry.

“So I was going to go get some tequila and soap...and drown my sorrows, you in?” I asked.

“Certainly am.” She laughed.
__________________

Zoe and I were pretty drunk by the time 6pm rolled around; Audrey was just walking in the door.

“AUDREY. How was work?” I asked a little too excitedly.

“Uh ok, what’s going on guys?” She asked cautiously.

“Haha, well Katie came for the interview today, and she spat at Paris.” Zoe said
laughing so hard I thought she was about to ruin my carpet, I couldn’t help but join in we were both in hysterics.

“Um, what?” Audrey asked obviously not as amused as us. I just poured her a shot, and started explaining everything.

“So yeah...that’s what’s happened. My boyfriend and I know longer talk, everyone at my job probably thinks I’m some home wreaker and I got spat on by my boyfriends ex. Great day.” I said bitterly.

“Hmm, I thought my life sucked at the moment.” Zoe chimed in. “I broke up with Mark after your dinner party.”

“WHAT? Why didn’t you tell me Zoe? What happened?” I asked genuinely surprised, they seemed to get along pretty great at the dinner party.

“I just wasn’t really ready to talk about you. Well I was finally exhausted of being put last. Even through the dinner party, he was whispering in my ear about how we had to go, HE was tired and HE had to get to work. He was so driven at work which I really admire, but he was working 7 days a week.”

“Oh Zoe, I’m sorry.” Audrey added who was also quite drunk.

“Zoe, that sucks.” I said.

She got teary, “Honestly Paris, Saturday was a final straw because I saw the way Nathan looked at you. He looked so genuinely in love, I know he was a little angry because of that stuff with Brett, but I haven’t seen anyone look like that in ages.”

It was my turn to get teary, Audrey joined and we ended up in a group hug.
By 8.30pm we had all fallen asleep from our drunken and emotional night, now who said we don’t know how to party?

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just came across your blog today and read the most recent post. I loved it so I'm going back and starting from the beginning :). I just wanted to tell you that I'm adding your blog to my page so anyone who reads mine but hasn't seen yours might spot it and check it out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma thanks heaps for the comment! Glad you liked the most recent one, hope the rest dont disappoint! I have been reading your blog for a while too! So I'll add you to my list, I completely spaced and didnt! :D
    Have a lovely weekend too! :D

    Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just happened to stumble upon your blog and i have spent my Sunday reading all the posts so far. Can't wait for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey S, you have no idea how happy that makes me! :D I used to spend whole days looking for new blogs and reading them! :D Thanks heaps for commenting! :D Next post will be up wednesday, usually I dont miss a post but it was kind of unavoidable this week! :D

    ReplyDelete