Friday, September 24, 2010

Brutal

The rest of the week at work was brutal, because EVERYBODY was interested in what actually happened between Katie and me, by everybody I mean every gossip column, magazine and newspaper in the country. I was fielding calls and emails ALL week. I couldn’t understand why anybody actually cared about my relationship. To top it all off Nathan hadn’t even so much as poked me on facebook; I tried to call him once more but again only got his voice mail. I was miserable to say the least. So tonight instead of wallowing, Georgie and I went out for dinner.

“This place is nice, new?” I asked Georgie.

“Hmm, I think it opened last week.”

“So how’s work?” I asked.

“Pretty good, I’m going away to Brisbane next week to assist the producer with some interview.” Georgie said excitedly.

“Oh that’s so awesome. Any new boys on the scene?” I asked.

“Nup I’m still desperately, so how’s my loser brother going?”She asked taking a sip from her drink.

“Haven’t spoken to him for a week.”I answered avoiding looking at her.

“Really? Well I mean his in Melbourne with the team this weekend so I guess that understandable.”

“I’m sorry, where is he?” I asked suddenly very angry.
She shifted uncomfortably in her seat before answering, “Uh his in Melbourne with the team, he didn’t tell you?”

“No. I have tried to call him he didn’t answer. I’m such an IDIOT; I have been sitting at home pining over him and his in freakin’ Melbourne with girls probably just hanging off him.”I was seeing red.

“Paris I don’t think it’s like that, the coaches took them away. Like a team building thing, usually they take away their phones and stuff.” She replied trying to calm me down.

“When did you say he left?” I asked.

“Uh like 2 days ago, I think.”

“So what about the 5 days before that...he could have found away Georgie. Sorry I’m not mad at you, I’m just a little hurt.”I moaned.

“It’s ok you can vent to me. He really does love you Paris, his just an idiot sometimes.”

We both decided to go home after; I was in a terrible mood and just wanted to crawl into bed with a good book.

Around 2am I heard a knock on my front door. I thought it was probably Audrey, she always forgot her bloody key. I opened the door to Nate with an extremely sheepish look on his face. I immediately went to shut the door on him but he was too quick, he put his foot in the doorframe so I couldn’t close it.

“Paris, come on please let me in.” He begged. I did as I was told, and walked straight into my room and climbed back into bed; Nathan followed quietly and sat on the far corner of the bed looking at me.

“So...how was Melbourne?” I asked a little harsher then I intended to.
He sighed, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

I was silent so he continued, “I heard about what happened with Katie...I came home as soon as I could, I promise.” All I wanted to do at the point was hug him, I felt so incredibly alone. The tears suddenly started pouring down my face, I didn’t even realise I was crying until Nathan got up and wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my forehead. I didn’t even know why I was crying, I think it was accumulation of everything, from missing home, to missing Nate, to getting spat on.

“Nate, I’m sorry about Brett. Nothing would ever happen there, I promise.” I said through tears.

“Hey, please can we not even talk about that, I know you wouldn’t do anything, I was being stupidly jealous, it’s not you I don’t trust Paris it’s him.” He said carefully. “Tell me about what happened with Katie...”

I sniffled my way through the whole story and even managed to laugh about it at the end. Nathan was definitely not laughing.

“Paris, you shouldn’t have had to go through that. I’m really sorry.” He said.

“It’s ok; it wasn’t your fault Nate. To be honest I don’t even want to think about it anymore.”

Nathan and I fell asleep soon after, him spooning me. My feelings for Nathan were beginning to scare me; I was becoming way too dependent on him way too quickly.

3 comments:

  1. No Paris! Don't start questioning your feeling. You are falling in love. Just go with it. Piss on Katie and anyone else who has a problem with it. I love this blog! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for Nathan to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad he is back but I wish he had a better explanation of things/ they had a better discussion of things. There are reasons as to why Nathan got 'stupidly jealous' or Paris is afraid of being 'overly dependent"/ relying on someone. Maybe, it is too early to discuss such heavy details but they will have to deal with it someday(individually or together). But, I really like them together and hope they work things out.

    ReplyDelete