Monday, August 16, 2010

The DRESS

With the wedding less than a week away, me and Zoe went shopping AGAIN to try to find a dress.

“I am not going to find anything! I might as well just go naked Zoe!” I said desperately.

“I’m sure that will make a great impression on his mum.” She said laughing.

“Oh God Zo, that’s another thing. He said that his mum ‘isn’t nice’.” I said with finger quotes.

“Really? Shit you’re in trouble!”

“You think? Argh, mums usually like me!” I said frowning.

“Well, I have never known anyone to say their own mother isn’t nice. Unless there is bad blood there.”

“I’m scared Zoe. I really like him; I want his family to like me...”

“Sweetie they will. I mean you’re beautiful, smart, have a good job; you’re not after Nathan for his money or his fame.”

“Oh that was so sweet! So what about you and Mark?”

“Mark is good, his pretty busy with work at the moment though.” She said, sounding a little disappointed.

“Oh no, when are you guys seeing each other again?”

“Tonight, I hope he doesn’t cancel. His been really stressed.”

“He won’t Zo, you guys are good together. Mark is awesome for you.”

“I know, argh! Come on look at this dress.” She said picking up this beautiful, above the knee dress.

I tried it on and I immediately knew this was THE DRESS. It was a shapeless deep blue dress, I wasn’t sure if it could be too casual but I knew I could dress it up with jewellery. Then I found the perfect pair of shoes, they were black high heel lace-ups.

I walked out of my room to show Zoe the final product.

“Oh my God, you look beautiful. Seriously Nathan is going to die when he sees you in that dress.”

“Really, are you sure it’s wedding appropriate?” I asked worried, I had to make a good impression.

“It is honestly, you look soooo hot...” She said, giving me a suggestive wink and laughing.

“Ok, well if his family hates me, I’m blaming you.” I said while shutting my bedroom door to get changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment