Friday, August 27, 2010

Wedding Day

Georgie and I walked into the house to the bride’s house and heard a woman screaming and crying at the top of her lungs.

“Calm down sweetie it’s not that bad.” A woman said, I knew was Leslie immediately; I don’t know why I just knew.

“MUM it’s horrible, I look like a poodle!” The bride screamed.

“Hello.” Georgie knocked cautiously on the door of the room they were in.

“Georgie! I’m so happy you came, God you look beautiful. Your hair looks amazing.”Leslie said, which started a fresh batch of tears from the bride.

“Hey Belle, what’s wrong?” Georgie asked tentatively.

“My hair, look at it. I can’t let Matt see me like this.” Belle said crying and then she spotted me.

“Hi, I’m sorry you have to meet me like this, I’m Belle.” She said kindly.

“Hi, I’m Paris. Seriously it doesn’t look bad.” I said.

“Your Paris, wow you’re beautiful.” Leslie said kindly.

“Thank you. You must Leslie?” I said with a big smile.

“I am. I hear you have had a quite a time with my dear sister.” She asked.

I laughed and shook my head, “Yeah I have.” Leslie gave me a sympathetic smile and a look that said we will talk about it later. We turned out attention to Belle and Georgie.

“Georgie, who did your hair? I love it. That what I wanted the stupid hair dresser.” Belle asked.

“Uh well Paris did actually.” Georgie said looking at me.

“Paris? Please can you fix my hair? Please.” Belle asked virtually begging me, a fresh batch of tears threatening to spill over.

“Yeah of course, but you have to stop crying. It’s your wedding day, and I am sure your fiancée will think your beautiful even if you wear a garbage bag.” I said.

“Ok, I’m done.” She said laughing, her straight white teeth and her deep green eyes shining.

“Oh thank god.” Leslie said laughing. “Come on Georgie; help me finish the wedding favours.”

So I fixed her hair and we chatted easily, just as I was fixing her fringe she talked a little more seriously.

“So you and Nathan hey?” Belle asked.

“Yeah, me and Nathan.” I smiled.

“So you like him a lot?” She asked.

“I do, he is such a good guy.”

“Ok so I’m just going to get the awkward talk out of the way, blah, blah if you hurt him Ill hurt you...blah, blah, blah.”She smiled.

I laughed, “Don’t worry I promise I won’t hurt him. So you guys are close then?” I asked, trying to more information, Nathan only tells me the must know about his family and I wanted to know more.

“Well yeah, he lived with us for a lot of his teenager years. Didn’t he tell about this?”

“No he didn’t, he tends to be kind of...closed off about his family. I mean he told me all about your mum, dad, you, Georgie and Jake and Chelsea but that’s it really."

“Yeah that sounds like him. But you did meet his mum yesterday didn’t you?” She asked.

“I did, she was...she really doesn’t like me.” I said.

“That’s Martine. Look Paris don’t worry yourself to much about her, that’s who she is unfortunately.”

“Hmm I know. Anyway this is your day, so do you like your hair?” I asked.
She looked like she was about to cry again. “I love it, seriously. Thank you so much.” She smiled a genuine smile, and soon was enveloped in hugs by her bride’s maids who had just arrived.


The ceremony was beautiful and the bride was blushing, she wore this ballroom type dress with a fitted bodice and some high blue shoes which could only be seen when she lifted her gown. Her three bride’s maids wore this champagne coloured strapless dresses, they looked lovely too. The ceremony was in this open chapel, near bushland and there was this beautiful waterfall behind the couple streaming away.

The ceremony lasted for about 45 minutes and then we headed to the reception. Nathan and I went in the car with Lesley and Brad, Brad was really lovely very genuine.

“So are you two staying with us tonight?” Lesley asked.

“If that’s ok. Honestly one night with mum was too much.” Nathan said and put his hand on my leg and running it up and down my thigh, this boy didn’t know how much he affected me.

“No worries, Belle and Matt are staying in the hotel near town, and on Monday there going to Tahiti.” Lesley said.

“Oh and Nathan, we have decided we approve of Paris, she saved the day for Belle, she is smart and she is beautiful.” Lesley said.

“Well that’s good, because I kind of like her too.” Nathan said, nudging me gently.

The reception hall was beautiful, high ceilings and a white and gold colour skim. Belle and Matt looked so happy; they were smiling at each other and seemed untouchable and so in love. Soon after the couple’s first dance, I convinced Nate to dance with me. Just as Nate and I made our way to the dance floor and you’ve got the love by Florence and the Machines started playing.

“I don’t think I have told you how beautiful you look tonight.”Nate said with his lips close to my ear.

I smiled, “You look pretty handsome yourself.”I said laying my head on his chest.

“So Lesley and Brad love you, Les pulled me aside and said that you were perfect.”

“Really? Well I’m happy; I like them a lot to. I haven’t had a chance to meet your sister or brother yet.”

“I think Chelsea is staying at Lesley’s tonight too. But you can meet Jake tomorrow.”He said.

We danced for the rest of the song Nathan holding me as we could get to each other and for that song nothing else mattered.

“Paris?”

“mmm?”

“I...I love you.” He said, I looked up at him and he met my eyes for a second before looking away.

“Really?” I asked quietly.

I felt him gulp, at my response “Yes.”His voice was barely a whisper.

“Well that’s good. Because I love you too.” Relief flooded his body, and I felt him melt into me again. I pulled him down and he kissed me and it was one of the best kisses I have had experienced, so deep and arghhhh it was just amazing...

6 comments:

  1. Glad you think so mum, I must admit I loved writing this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was such a sweet post. aww i love how nervous he was in saying i love you...it was so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, I loved this post too. Couldnt stop grinning. :D

    ReplyDelete