Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet the Family?

I met Nathan last night at a new fusion restaurant, in the middle of the city. After a VERY long day of dealing with Hally. Even though she didn’t want to be in the beauty section of the magazine, she still hated that I was being promoted above her; she made stupid snide comments at the meeting directed towards me and was a general pain in my ass ALL freakin’ day! By the time I got to meet Nate I was less than happy.

“Hey.” I said sneaking up behind him.

“Hey beautiful...You have your cranky face on. What’s up?” Nathan asked with concern.

“I don’t have a cranky face.” I said with a smile “nothing just Hally...”

“Oh, babe wanna talk about it?”

“Nooooooo....I’m done complaining. How was your day?”

“Ehh not bad. I talked to Leslie – my aunt- today, I totally forgot it was my cousins wedding on the 21st of August...Sooo did you maybe uhh wanna to come with me?” He asked, while playing with his napkin.

“Really? I LOVE weddings. I would love to go.” I said smiling and squeezing his hand.

“Well let me tell you, my family is not exactly easy a lot of the time...The wedding is like a two hour drive from the city, so we can drive up on the Friday and stay the weekend if you wanted?”

“Road trip! Yes, I’m excited! Do you think your family will like me?” I asked with a smile.

“Yeah of course they will. But seriously Paris, my mum she’s not really...nice.” He said with hesitation.

“What makes you say that?”

“Nothing, it’s just how she is...She isn’t easy to get along with. But Leslie is great and so is her husband Brad, and of course my brother Jake and my sisters will love you!”

“I’m excited! Thanks for inviting me...Big step meeting the family.” I said with an eyebrow raise and a smile.

“It is...” He said with a grin.

Our conversation was pretty light hearted after that. The dinner was amazing, and we chatted easily and had another great night together.

“So did you want to sleepover?” Nathan asked after dinner.

With my nod we went home together, and had our first really slow, romantic session in the bedroom! Ahhh this boy couldn’t be more perfect...I really hope his family like me.

2 comments:

  1. Dun dun dun....wow, if Nathan doesn't even think she's nice, his mom must be a real piece of work! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I havent written it yet but I have a couple of ideas! Woohoo! Add some drama!

    ReplyDelete