Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Drive

*Hey guys, I'm really sorry I didnt post yesterday! My internet company just decided to turn my internet off! I called and there like, yeah you've paid your bill...I was like "So...Whats the problem???" Anyway it's all sorted! So I will post again in a couple of hours, just edit the post!

So the wedding is tomorrow but I thought I should let you all know about the trip up here. Well it went really well, Georgie (Nathans sister) is awesome! Georgie and Nathan are really close in age, so it’s easy to see why they get along so well.
Nate came to my place after I finished work; I packed my bag the night before so I was all ready to go.

“Hey babe ready to go?” He asked using the intercom from the lobby to my apartment.

“Yep, I’m excited! I’ll be right down.” I said.

I was wearing just a boyfriend cardigan, with some dark wash jeans and I slipped on ballet slippers. I wanted to be comfortable for the drive while still looking like I cared.

“Hey.” I said walking towards Nate, he took my bag and give me a kiss.

“Hey, my sister is in the car.”He smiled.

“Argh ok, I’m nervous...”

“Don’t be, Georgie is awesome.”

We walked towards his car, and I saw her. It seemed good looks ran in the family.

“Hey, you must be Paris...It’s so nice to finally meet you. I have been hearing about you forever, seriously since you guys met and before he ‘officially dumped’ Kate...God she was awful, just quietly.” She was talking a mile a minute, but instantly I liked her. She was one of those people who just said it like it was, but what she said wasn’t mean spirited.

“Georgie, shut-up.” Nathan interrupted. “Paris this is Georgie, Georgie Paris.”

“Lovely to meet you, I’ve heard a lot about you too.” I said with a smile.

She grabbed my arm and began talking to me about everything (I mean EVERYTHING) as we got in the car, she offered me the front seat but I was happy in the back.

“I’m so glad you’re not like most of the magazine girls I know. Nathan told me you work at Radiance, that’s awesome. But yeah, I work in TV just as a junior producer and the mag girls I know are nothing like you.”

“Oh well that’s good I guess.” I laughed. “So, TV hey? That’s awesome.”

“Yeah it is, I really like it. I don’t know junior producer doesn’t have too much responsibilities but I still get my say, which honestly is all I’m ready for at this point.” She said honestly.

“I know what you mean...I just got this promotion at work, I wasn’t expecting it but I guess they are kind of desperate...Sometimes I’m not sure if I’m ready for it, but in this industry you just have to take every opportunities you can.” I said.

Poor Nate didn’t get a word in for the first hour of the trip; Georgie and I were just chatting non-stop the whole way. The chatting soon turned to the family I was about to meet.

“So I assume Nathan has given you the talk about our family, who to avoid, who to talk to, who to impress...”Georgie asked.

“Uh briefly...”I answered.

“Ok well you should know our mum isn’t pleasant most of the time...And uncle John will probably try to hit on you, our older sister Chelsea she’s awesome but she will take a little time to warm up to you, don’t take it personally that’s just how she is. Our brother Jake his cool but a little serious sometimes, hmmm who else! Oh Leslie and Brad they are awesome, and they will love you.” She said, I was glad she was telling me all this honestly, I wanted at least basic information on the family.

“Ok so now she’s all caught up can I speak?” Nathan laughed.

“Oh Nate, feeling all left out aren’t you?” Georgie joked.

“I’m sorry babe, but you were right, your sisters awesome.” I said putting my hand on his shoulder, he responded by grabbing it and kissing it. Aww, his so sweet.

“And you were right again Nate, she’s awesome too. Good choice.” She smiled.

The rest of the drive was fun, Nate told me tonight were staying at his mums, but Saturday and Sunday were staying at Leslies, because I have Monday off work.
When we got to their mums home, well my mouth dropped. It was a very modern home and pretty big and sooo darn beautiful. I was wondering how someone that was described as mean by her own children could live in such a warm and friendly house. Then I met her...

No comments:

Post a Comment