Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Surprises, Disappointments and Awkwardness...

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked with a confused smile on my face.

“Nothing, I was just in the neighbourhood...” Nathan said pulling me for a kiss.

“Well it’s a very nice surprise.” I said kissing him back.

“I have another surprise too...my sister needs a lift up to the wedding, but she’s coming back with my brother, is that cool?”

“Yeah, that’s awesome. It will be nice to meet her before I meet everyone.” I said smiling. “But you know what this means don’t you? No car sex and no surprise bj’s.” I joked.

Nate raised his eyebrows, “Well you know we could try that surprise bj now.” He laughed.

“Ha ha, you are so funny, but no. I have to show you my dress and we have to talk about your sister!”

“Oh great...”He said sarcastically, with a smile.

I showed him my dress, which he loved he said the shoes really compliment the outfit...I teased him for that, and he just stuck his tongue at me.
___________________________________________________________________________

Nathan and I were cuddling in my bed after he helped me take off my wedding outfit and just talking about the wedding and what to expect.

“So practice starts on the Tuesday after we get back...” Nate said.

“Oh really.” I replied, unable to hide the disappointment in my voice.

“Hey, you know where going to be fine. I lo...like you a lot Paris...”He said stumbling over his last words.

We both knew what he was about to say. I didn’t know what to do, I knew that I was getting close to saying it the L-word but I wasn’t quite there yet. So I just pretended it didn’t happen.

“I...I like you a lot too.” It was now very awkward. “So uh, what pre-game rituals do you have?” I asked smiling, trying to lighten the mood.

“Uh well, obviously you can’t drink the night before, and when we have big games we have to stay in a hotel and have a curfew, you can’t track attention to yourself like you can’t do interviews without the clubs permission....”

“Pretty standard, but I meant what do YOU do? Do you have like lucky underwear or socks or something?” I asked smiling at him.

“I do have lucky socks, but I only wear them before the game, because I don’t wash them. I change into any socks like 5 minutes before the actual game, and I don’t uh...have sex 24 hours before a game and I don’t...uh help myself out 12 hours before a game.” He laughed.

“Very precise Nate, I’m sure I could change your mind if I wanted too.”I giggled.

“I’m pretty sure you could do too, but you wouldn’t because I would totally blame you if we lost.” He joked.

“Well I won’t be trying that then!” I said lightly kissing him on the lips. “So your sister? Is she nice or should I be afraid?”

“I know you’re not meant to say this, but I’m probably the closest too her. She is just really kind-hearted.”

“Oh good, I can’t wait to meet her! But I’m really nervous...” I said fiddling with the sheet that was draped over us.

“I know what I said about my mum made you nervous, but seriously Paris everybody will love you.”

“Ok if you say so...” I said sceptically.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying how their relationship is evolving. I know there's bound to be trouble/fights, etc., but def enjoying the honeymoon period where everything is exciting and new. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mum,
    I was getting nervous!I thought that the lovey, dovey stuff might be getting to much! But I'm really happy your enjoying it! I am really excited about Friday's post! I LOVE THE HONEYMOON PERIOD TOO! :P
    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete