Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shopping

I practically dragged Audrey shopping with me today; it had been a couple of days since Nate asked me to the wedding and I needed to start looking for a dress for the wedding and a couple of nice outfits for the weekend. So we headed to down to the Australian version of Rodeo Drive, George Street and got shopping. It was pretty successful, I got a new pair of skinny jeans and a really nice jacket...I didn’t find the dress but Audrey agreed to come again and help me find the perfect dress.

We decided to eat in the city, this really nice pizza place the slices were massive but we were hungry.

“So I have been pretty absent lately, what’s been going on?” I asked, my mouth full of delicious cheese pizza.

“Not much really, just busy with work.”

“Oh, so know new boys on the scene?” I asked smiling at her, of course there was a boy, Audrey always had a new boy.

“Nope, riding solo. I don’t really mind, I always have guys on the brain. It’s awesome focusing on work for once.” She said, seeming genuinely happy.

“Well I’m proud of you.” I said truthfully.

“Soo what about you and Nathan? It looks like things are heating up! Meeting his family already?”

“Yeah I know, but he is seriously a great guy. His really genuine and funny and sweet. Just really awesome to hang out with. We’re having lots of fun.” I said.

“I know your having lots of fun...I fricken heard you guys last night, it sounded like you were having fun OVER and OVER again!” She laughed.

I went a deep shade of red, “OMG I thought you were out? I’m so sorry!”

“I was out, I came home...Don’t worry this is your free pass!” She said winking at me.

“Aw God, how embarrassing. Change of subject, please! So work is good?” I asked, slowly coming out of my embarrassment.

She laughed, “Work is really good, I have never been sooo busy, but its worth it...I love it, and they pretty much put me in charge of the website....I mean I’m not getting promoted as fast as you, but hey I’m working hard.” She said a little bitterly.

“Yeah, well remember I interned at Radiance for ages, that’s why I got promoted so fast. But you sound like your enjoying it which is the most important thing.”

“I am enjoying it a lot. Anyway speaking of work, I have to go...I gotta catch up on something’s...Are you coming to or...?”

“I think I’ll keep shopping for a while...See if I can find anything else! But thanks for coming today...” I said cautiously, our conversation had gotten a little awkward and I didn’t want to push her buttons.

“Hey Zoe, I’m on George Street did you want to meet go shopping maybe?” I knew Zoe couldn’t resist shopping.

“Oh what you have surgically removed that very sexy football star from your hip have you?” She laughed.

“Ha, your one to talk...”

“Hmph your right...I’ll be there in like half an hour?” She giggled.

“Ill see you then!” I smiled; Zoe was so easy to be around. I was glad to have a friend like her.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just not trusting Audrey. I just don't know if she can separate work and personal. Not that Nathan and Paris are a secret anymore, but still. Little nervous. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mum,
    I havent really decided where I'm taking Audrey..I have some interesting ideas though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete