Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mums the word...

*Hey guys make sure you read the post below first! I felt bad about no posting, so this week is another bonus post!?*

As we pulled up to the house, both Nathan and Georgie sighed.

“Ready?” Nathan asked while getting our bags out of the car boot.

“Don’t have much of a choice do I?” I said smiling at him, and then he pulled me in for hug.

“Come on you’ll be fine. She won’t be bad; she’s not mean until she knows you well.” Georgie laughed and gave me wink.

We walked up to the door and rang the bell, soon after his mum opened the door. I could definitely see where Nate and Georgie got their looks, but her face was harder than theirs, a lot more serious.

“Hello, well come here then.” She said pulling them both in for a quick kiss on their cheeks. “And you must be London?” She asked, the question directed at me.

“No mum, this is Paris.” Nathan said.

“Uh well hello, how was the drive then?” She asked, virtually ignoring my presence.

“Fine, it was easy once we got out of Sydney.” Georgie answered.

“Ah good, good. Well come in, I’ll show you to your rooms.” She said dismissively.

I realised I had yet to say a single word...this was not going well.

Georgie was shown her room first, despite the fact they had grown up in the house they were still shown were to go...

“Ok so you’re in here.” She said to no-one in particular. So Nathan walked in and I went to follow, then a hand shot across the door frame to stop me.

“Oh no, you’re not in here. You two will be in separate rooms.” She said harshly.

“Mum-,”Nathan began to protest.

“No Nathan, this girl is a complete stranger to me. You cannot expect me to allow some strange girl to play house with you, certainly not in my home.” She said severely.

“Mum do not talk about Paris like that. She is not some strange girl, why do you always do this?”He was almost yelling, I have never seen him angry before. By this time Georgie had wandered out of her room to see what was going on.

“No Nathan, No. You don’t know this girl; you have only been seeing her just over a month. For all you know she is just after your money or fame. At least Kate already had all of that, you are so naive Nathan.” She yelled back.

“NO mum, you don’t know her!” He was really angry now. They went back and forth for a while until Georgie interrupted.

“HEY, both of you SHUT-UP...Mum stop talking about Paris like she isn’t here, and Nathan what did you expect from her?” Georgie was angry now too, and frankly so was I. I wasn’t given a chance to defend myself, and their mum made assumptions about me that were not true! I was so livid that angry tears threatened to spill over. Instead of crying right there Georgie noticed my reaction and took me to my room, while I assume Nathan and his mum fought some more.

“I’m so sorry Paris, you didn’t deserve that.” Georgie said sympathetically.

“I just didn’t expect it, I...I’m not with Nathan for his money or whatever else she said...”I said confused.

“Oh sweetie, we all know that. She just says things Paris.”

“What the hell was that about Kate?” I asked bewildered.

“She loved Kate, I don’t know...Maybe because they were similar, Kate is not a good person.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes, listening to the hush tones of the argument just down the hall. Soon Georgie left the room I was apparently staying in, and went to attempt to shut them up.

Nathan knocked on the door about ten minutes later, “Hey, are you still talking to me?” He asked cautiously.

“Yeah of course...” I said.

“I’m really sorry about that, she had no right.” He said, sitting next to me on the bed, burying his face into his hands.

“Hey, it’s not your fault...I just wasn’t really expecting it, I don’t want to cause problems Nate.” I said grabbing his hands and placing them in my own.

“To be honest either was I, and you are not causing problems, Paris. This is just who she is. I am so sorry.”

“Please stop apologising. Look tomorrow is the wedding and we all need to attempt to get along. Tomorrow is a new day ok?” I said.

“Ok, I don’t think she is going to let up on us sleeping in the same room. God it’s like where teenagers.”

“Come on, will just play by her rules. Plus it’s only for one night.” I said, standing up and giving him a kiss.

“Paris, you’re being so cool about this. It makes me feel worse.” He said, obviously trying to lighten the mood, but still visibly upset.

“Would it help if I was being a bitch about it?” I asked wrapping my arms around him.

“Yes.”

“Ok well I’ll tune into my bitchy side tomorrow, ok?” I said resting my head against his chest.

“Thank you.” He said kissing my forehead.

Suddenly there were three sharp knocks on the door, “Nathan, I don’t care how much you argue you will not be staying the night in there.” She said. Nathan walked out exasperated, and shot me an apologetic look.

Nathans mum was about to walk out after her son but first she coldly added, “I am sorry for how we met Paris. But my opinion still stands until I am proved otherwise.”

“I understand that, but I do really care about your son.” I said, as she shut the door before I had even finished. This was going to be a long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. what a bitch of a woman. i mean i understand that she wants to look out for her son's well-being, but that was so incredibly rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia you have no idea, when I was writing this I was cringing! Argh! Made me really angry, even though its my blog! Oh well! :P

    ReplyDelete