Monday, August 30, 2010

Tales of Woe

I got home at 4.30pm, Zoe picked me up and we decided to go for coffee.

“So how was the weekend?” Zoe asked excitedly, while waiting for our cappuccinos.

I don’t know why but tears suddenly streamed down my face. I hadn’t had that bad of a time, it was just...I don’t know, It just didn’t go the way I had hoped.

“Paris, what’s wrong? What happened?” She asked concern painting her face.
So I told her the long tale of my weekend and the tears eventually dried up.

“Oh sweetie that horrible, I’m so sorry. At least the rest of the family was cool.”

“I know, and I don’t want to make it out like it was all bad, because it wasn’t. Actually something pretty amazing happened...Nathan said I LOVE YOU!” I beamed.

“NO, Oh gosh that’s awesome! Oh you guys are so cute together! Did you say it back?” Zoe said genuinely excited for me. At my nod she let out a high pitched squeal.

Just then my mobile rang, “Sorry its Nate, I have to get it. I forgot to call him!” I said.

“Hey Nate.” My voice cracked a little from all the crying I had done earlier.

“Hey you ok?” He asked.

“Yeah I am fine. Zoe picked me up and we are just grabbing coffee.” I said trying to sound happy.

He didn’t seem to convinced, “Oh ok, I was just calling to make sure you got in ok. But I will just chat to you later I guess.”

“Hey wait, are you ok?”

“Yep...”He answered.

“Ok well call me tonight before you go to sleep ok?” I asked.

“Alright well I’ll talk to you then.” He said hanging up.

I got off the phone and Zoe and I chatted easily. I was just getting out of the car, when Zoe stopped me.

“Hey Paris, do you think it’s weird Mark and I haven’t exchanged I love you’s yet?”

“No, everyone moves at a different pace Zoe. I’m sure his nearly there.” I said. She smiled seemingly satisfied at my answer, and I asked her to call me tomorrow.

Oh and Nathan didn’t call me that night, I tried calling him but he didn’t answer. I couldn’t help it worry flooded through me.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be concerned to. I hope Nathan's OK and didn't go over the edge or anything. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Zoe, I feel like your hinting at Zoe's relationship with Mark. We don't know that much about their relationship, but i think it'd be nice to see how Zoe handles a breakup or maybe not. LOVE Your Blog. ADDICTED!!! :D Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mum, you will find out wednesday! :D :D

    Thanks Kate, glad your enjoying it. I'm excited to see where it goes too! :D :D

    <3 Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait til wednesday..oh i just sent you an email...lol

    ReplyDelete