Monday, August 2, 2010

Awkwardness and Opportunities

Nathan and I went out for breakfast the next morning; it was a little awkward...Which is weird for us, we have never really had any uncomfortable silences before, it was definitely the sex issue!

“Ok, so this is weird right? Like awkward weird?” I asked.

“Yeah, a little.” He laughed.

“I am sorry about last night, I didn’t mean for it to be like such a big issue, but it suddenly is.”

“Don’t apologise. Please I...I just don’t want you to regret anything that happens, and you said you weren’t ready, and last night it felt like you were ready but I didn’t want to do anything in case it was just the alcohol, not that you were drunk or stupid-.” He was talking very fast, he looked so nervous and cute.

I cut him off, “It wasn’t the alcohol. I am ready and I have been for ages, I still felt a little weird about all the drama when I said I wasn’t ready...” I smiled.

“I was hoping you would say that.” He smiled.

Awkward silence

“Ok we are NOT planning it though, cause that’s just stupid...Will just let it happen, deal?” I asked.

“Deal.” Nathan smiled.

“Alright well I have to go to; I can’t be late to work.” I got up and kissed him on the cheek, he pulled me back and kissed me again, he is so sweet.
__________________

About 12.30 I got called into Minnie’s office, with Zoe. I knew something fishy was going on when I walked in, they were both quiet but excitement filled the air.

“Paris, sit down will you? I called you in here today because I have an offer for you. Yasmine is leaving, she is pregnant. So Zoe is going to move into her position as features editor and I am asking you to move up to the beauty department. Of course being so new, Zoe has agreed to help you for the first three months. And if we don’t think you’re ready to go alone, we will bring someone in from the outside to do the job.” Minnie finished and my mouth was set wide open!

“Are you serious? I haven’t even been working here two months yet! Thank you so much for this opportunity.”

“You know I have always liked you Paris, not many others would have an opportunity like this.” Minnie smiled.

“I know thank you so much! I promise you can count on me!” I was virtually floating on air, I didn’t expect to be give a chance like this is soon!

Zoe and I calmly left the office, and then did a silent happy dance outside Minnie’s door; we heard her chuckle softly before saying “Back to work ladies!”

2 comments:

  1. Could you make the post font a little bigger and bolder? It is hard to read since the background has been changed to something so bright. I love how the story is going though...how "adult" is this blog going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definetly try (im not the best on computers!) ! Just let me know if its not any better in the next couple of days!

    To be honest I havent really decided how adult it will be, when I do if need be I will put the adult warning up!

    ReplyDelete