Friday, July 30, 2010

Girly Time

I got to work early that day I did too much worrying about Nathan and me and to sleep very well and wanted to get a jump start on work. The first email I opened when I got to work was from Dish the Dirt, alerting me of the split between Nathan Luken and Katie Santsee. Nathan and I didn’t talk about the lunch or what had happened, I was grateful for it to be honest. I didn’t want to hear anymore about them then I had to.

Around 11am Zoe came running in “PARIS, PARIS, Have you seen DTD this morning?” She was bellowing.

“Keep it down Zoe! And yes I have seen it!” I smiled.

“So what are you guys officially?” She asked breathless with excitement.

“I...Where having fun I guess.” I wasn’t really sure of the answer to that question
“Well that good, nothing serious, casual and all of that!” Zoe’s excitement had significantly decreased. Just because the world now knew that Nathan was single, what did she expect? We were having fun.

Zoe and I decided to go out for Sushi and cocktails for dinner, and have some girly time.

“So how’s Nathan in bed?” Zoe asked.

“Really Zoe?” I laughed.

“Come on we work at a woman’s magazine, it’s virtually our job to talk about SEX.” Zoe laughed; an older couple looked over at us disapprovingly.

“Well there isn’t much to tell, we haven’t yet...” I said to Zoe’s shocked expression.

“Are you serious? But you have stayed over at his house, and you told me you guys almost did it!”

“I don’t know, I told him I wasn’t ready yet...I think I am ready now but it’s like an awkward topic to bring up?”

“So don’t bring it up, just don’t stop making out. You know how to give subtle hints don’t you?”

“Yeah I think I will, anyway how are you and Mark going?” I asked trying to deflect attention of my sex life.

“Mark and I are good, he is so sweet, I really like him Paris.”

“Aw Zoe your smitten! Are you exclusive yet?” I asked.

“We are very much exclusive and we are also having sex regularly! I can’t believe you haven’t banged Nathan yet.”

“Shut-up seriously, you know we started in a weird situation.”

“I know, I know relax! I’m just surprised that’s all, are you seeing him tonight?”

“I don’t know, maybe it would be better to leave it for tonight, we have spent the last two nights together...”

“Yeah maybe...” Zoe started to say something but was interrupted by my phone, Nathans name was lighting up the screen.

“It’s Nathan...”

“Answer!” Zoe nearly screamed, I realised we were both a little past buzzed off our cocktails.

“Hey Nate.”

“Hey Paris what you up to?”

“Just hanging out with Zoe, having cocktails.”

“Oh cool, what are you doing later? Want to come watch a movie, maybe sleepover again?” he asked carefully.

“Hmm that sounds good, I will probably see you in like an hour?”

“Ok can’t wait.” I could tell he was smiling.

I relayed the conversation back to Zoe and she is convinced tonight will be ‘the night’, I am not so sure.

2 comments: