Thursday, July 22, 2010

Families

*Short post I know, I promise I will try to make them longer!

On Saturday I spontaneously to go home for the night, it was only about a three hour drive from Sydney and I hadn’t been home in a while and thought it was about time for a visit.

I went straight over to my sister’s house, I hadn’t seen her in about two months and she was entering her sixth month of pregnancy and according to my brother in law was becoming quite unpleasant with the pregnancy hormones raging through her body.
Grace and I were always close; she is two years older than me, she was married at 22 and fell pregnant at 24, Grace and Simon were high school sweethearts. My mum wasn’t particularly fond of the idea of her marrying so young, but she accepted it and her and Simon really do love each other.

Grace and I had a blast, we went shopping for some baby clothes, and she asked about the boys in my life I told her about Nathan, she and Simon followed football avidly and she knew all about him.

“Woah you left here like 3 months ago and already dating a football star...”

“I am not dating him! He has some issues he has to work out.”

“Ok, sorry not dating almost had sex with, has almost nightly conversations with AND is breaking up ‘officially’ with his girlfriend to maybe have a shot at a relationship with you.”

“Shut up; let’s go see mum and Ray.

So that’s what we did, mum and Ray are going to Europe on Tuesday travelling everywhere. Mum had been before, but this time they were doing it style. In my mind my trip home was spontaneous, but in mum and Rays mind this was a thoughtful goodbye which I had been planning for ages...

Everyone took turns at good-naturedly poking fun at me about Nate and my articles in Radiance. Mum had collected all of them so far; I decided I probably wouldn’t tell her about my upcoming debut in the sex section of the magazine.
We went out for dinner and had a lovely time, it was nice to be home I hadn’t realised how much I had missed everyone.

On Sunday I went home, I made mum and Ray promise to take a picture of every sign of the new city, I had so many pictures from when I went overseas I got a massive memory board and put all the photos on it!

I was so to be home on my own, but Audrey and I ended up watching movies and having girl time and soon enough Sydney felt like my home again.

5 comments:

  1. Alright, girl. I've been seeing you on other blogs and thought I'd come over for a visit. I got caught up and I am really enjoying things so far. I like Nathan. While he might turnout to be a douchebag later on, I hope he and Paris can enjoy each other for a while. Watch out for Audrey!! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post, it gave an inside into what her family is like. I get excited when I see a new post (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mum, I was hoping you would read my blog,I see you commenting on other ones! YAY! :)
    I love Paris and Nathan at the moment! I was having trouble deciding what direction to take the relationship but I have found one I like now!
    I agree with Audrey!

    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle Anne,
    Thankyou for reading! I think we needed a family post! See where Paris came from!
    I am glad you get excited, I love reading comments! :)

    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I put you on my blog list. I hope that's alright. (:

    ReplyDelete