Monday, July 12, 2010

Can I Explain?

OMG, well last night things took a turn...Zoe (beauty editor at Radiance) and I went to dinner at this really trendy restaurant in the City, it was so yum and we were just enjoying the each other’s company as well as a few drinks.

“That was so yum, I’m not really tired do you want to go out to a club?” Zoe asked.

“Yes, so badly I haven’t been out since my first weekend in Sydney!” I couldn’t wait to just dance and forget all the drama from the last couple of weeks.

We got to the club, and ordered a couple of drinks; they were quickly paid for by the very cute guy standing next to us. He introduced himself as Mark, and was clearly interested in Zoe so I left them to it.

I began looking around, taking in everyone and watching the people dance, drink and talking (more like yelling the music was sooooo loud). Then suddenly I saw him, and we locked eyes.

“Hey Paris you look beautiful,” I actually felt pretty good, I was wearing this beautiful blue above the knee length dress, with my black heels (I am really short so I am forever in massive heels), and an arm of silver bracelets.

“Thanks Nathan, I was meaning to call you and thank you for the flowers but honestly I have been super busy.”I said lying through my teeth.

“Its fine, I don’t know why but I thought I should just explain some things about that interview.”

“You don’t really owe me any explanation or anything.”I said trying to avoid his stare.

“Please, I mean I know I sound desperate but I really just want to explain,” He was virtually pleading with me, poor guy.

“Ok, but you have to buy me a drink first.” Nathan let out a nervous laugh.

We were sitting in a quiet corner, well as quiet as you can get in a nightclub...

“I am really sorry, about how you found out about Katie.”He said.

“It’s none of my business really.”

“It is actually; well I mean there really is not much to tell...”
I finally realised what he wanted I was so stupid...

“Look if you want me to put Katie in the magazine, I really don’t have authority of that I guess I could talk to Minnie, but I don’t know...”

“Seriously Paris, let me finish please, me and Katie aren’t together anymore. We broke up a while ago, it’s just she has a television show in the works, and I agreed until it was off the ground I would pretend we were still together...I haven’t actually seen Katie for about 2 months...” He rushed through his little speech, he looked so nervous, I felt so sorry for him.

I looked at him in disbelief, the question that was still burning the back of my mind, why is he telling me all this?

2 comments:

  1. Because he likes youuuuu weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! =D!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! :) Part two is coming soon! :P WOOOHOOO! :)

    ReplyDelete