Friday, July 16, 2010

You Got Some Explain' To Do

I was in a funk; after my great night turned to disaster I was mad at everyone especially Nathan. I hadn’t spoken to him in a week, not from a lack of trying on his behalf. I had many calls, texts, facebook messages and emails (did people really still email...Apparently they did).

My work however was not suffering; I had busted out story after story about break-ups, betrayal and bad boys, I am not really sure that I did actually break-up with Nathan because it was only two weeks but it still stung.

Minnie was impressed with the amount of work I was putting in; I even got a one published which is really rare as an editor’s assistant.

The phone rang for about the 100th time that morning, I bet it was Nathan again!!! This was getting ridiculous!

“Good morning Radiance magazine. This is Paris.”

“Paris, don’t hang up. Just listen.”

“I am at work Nathan I don’t have time for this...”

“Fine, I’ll meet you after work I’ll be waiting in the lobby for you.” He said nervously.

“Nathan, NO.” I was trying to keep a low voice but it started to rise, it was too late anyway he had already hang up.

I worked a little later on purpose; I wanted to make him nervous. I made my way down the elevator, I saw him standing at the entrance pacing. My heart immediately started beating a 100 times faster.

“Hey Paris.” he went in for a kiss and immediately realised that was inappropriate and stumbled, needless to say it was a very awkward beginning.

“Hello.” It seems I was the queen of being Icy around him.

“Did you want to go for dinner or coffee or something?”

“Yeah, ok coffee sound fine”

We went to coffee; it was obvious he wanted to start explaining but was waiting for the right moment. He began to talk, and was immediately interrupted by the waitress.

“Hey your Nathan Luken, can I have a picture?” she was giggling like an idiot.

He shot me an apologetic look, “Yeah, sure.” She attempted to make small talk about his team, where his first game was and why wasn’t he captain yet because he totally LIKE deserved it. Nathan answered all her questions politely, but it was obvious he was uncomfortable.

“So what about your girlfriend you guys still together?” she said while eyeing me.

I couldn’t take it anymore; I chucked 5 bucks on the table to pay for my coffee and I walked out. I knew I might be being childlike but I didn’t care, I was jealous and couldn’t stand to hear about his stupid girlfriend or whatever the hell she was...

“Paris, wait come on hold up!” He was doing a sexy half jog my heart leapt again.

“What? Nathan just tell me what you want to say!” I was agitated and envious and I needed to get out of there.

“Uh, I...Umm l really don’t know what to say, Katie called me begging to have dinner with her, she said she hadn’t seen me in ages and I was still her boyfriend for the media purposes and she just wanted to catch up...”

“Why didn’t you just tell me?” I was pleading with him now, so embarrassing we haven’t even made it official yet...

“I don’t know I thought you might be upset, we were having so much fun and I just didn’t want you to think I was being shady, which I realise now is stupid.”

“Look I am going to be honest with I am not one to go after someone else’s boyfriend, even if it’s just to help her out...Obviously she still wants something from you and I don’t want to be THAT girl...” He immediately looked sad, and my heart broke a little, because I had pretty much told this almost perfect guy I couldn’t be with him until he sorted his shit out.

“I respect that, and I am going to fix this mess, it’s gone on too long, I mean I was happy to pretend when it wasn’t affecting me but now it’s getting in the way of my life.” He blushed and was obviously thinking about the almost sex that occurred between us.

“Well I guess call me when you figure it all out, because I really like you but I just don’t like the drama...”

With that I kissed him on the cheek and walked home...I really hope I was making the right decision.

4 comments:

  1. I think he's just a player! Don't do it! Don't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, seriously I love comments sooo much! :)

    You will soon find out! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't decided if he's an ass or not...!! Keep writing and i'll tell ya!! jaja :P

    I'm loving your blog so far! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I am trying to decide that to Nana! :)

    Thankyou I am glad your enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete