Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uncool Zoe, Uncool

*This was going to be two posts but I made it one, to keep my promise to Sweetcanadian!!!

The date was, well it was terrible...

I got there and immediately Zoe mouthed “I am so sorry.” I soon realised what she was sorry for and his name was Dave.

The date started nice enough, he complemented me on my outfit (jeans, boots and a faux brown leather jacket) and asked me about my job, my family everything. When the food came is where things started going downhill.

“So fashion magazines hey? Don’t you feel a little selfish, parading these high price items when most of the world can’t even afford it?” Dave asked rudely.

“Have you ever read Radiance? Because if you did, you would see we have different sections for all budgets” I retorted.

“Well that’s not really the point; I mean what about all those people who can’t even afford basic necessities?”

“Ok, and what exactly do you do?”

“I am an accountant...”

“Ah yes, saving the world one rich bastard at a time...” I was getting defensive
We had more back and forth and like that for while, until it was time for the movie. Zoe and Mark were looking extremely uncomfortable.

OMG ECLIPSE WAS AWESOME, it almost made me forget about the horrible company. One the plus side though Zoe and Mark get on amazingly, he is so sweet to her and you can tell he really cares about her.

I got in the cab with Zoe and Mark, I insisted on them taking me home because Dave asked if I would like to go home with him, I promptly said no and that I had a very important appointment in the morning that I couldn’t miss (seeing as tomorrow is a Saturday I suspect he thought something fishy was up).

“Mark, what the hell? Does he seem like the kind of guy I would go out with?” I was asking him while laughing remembering the horrible night.

“Zoe gave me no notice so I just picked a guy from work... I am sorry it was a horrible night wasn’t it?” Mark said.

“Not so bad for me,” Zoe said while cuddling up to him. Mark smiled at her.

Awwww

I got home at like 11pm and wondered if it was too late to call him...

“Hey it’s me, Paris”...

“Hey Paris, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you,” Nathan sounded distracted.

“Sorry, it this a bad time?”

“No, no what have you been up to?” he still sounded strange.

“I was just on the horrible date, and I wanted to talk to someone who doesn’t want to make me scream,” oh shit, I just told him about my date.

“Oh, you went on a date?” His said it as more of accusation

“Yeah, Zoe set me up...”

Awkward silence

“Oh ok, so it wasn’t fun?” he obviously wasn’t really listening to me. I definitely shouldn’t have mentioned it, this conversation was worse than the date.

“I am going to go, you sound busy,”

“Paris wait I am sorry I am just distracted, I will call you soon,”

I am so stupid; I really need to figure out what I want from Nathan. I obviously only told him that to make him jealous and now I am regretting it.

Five minutes late my phone rang, blasting Katy Perry California Gurls.

“Hey Paris, I am sorry I was such a dick, Uhh tell me about your terrible date...”

“You weren’t a dick, I am sorry I shouldn’t have done that, I just wanted to someone to talk to about it but you are not the right person for that.”

“No come on, I have to know what my competition is doing wrong.” he laughed.

“He wasn’t competition...” my face immediately went a deep red I could feel it, thank god we were on the phone.

“Oh really?” I could just hear him smirking.

“Shut up, I meant we just didn’t have as much fun as you and I have together.

We talked for ages after that, he talked about his family, and football, the fans he has to deal with. I talked more about my family, and friends, and stories from when I travelled Europe.

“Hey we’ve been talking for nearly 2 hours; you better rest that pretty little head of yours” I joked.

“We have too, I haven’t talked on the phone this long since I was at school,” he was laughing and I suddenly felt like I had to ask him something.

“Nate, have you talked to Katie yet?”

He let out a big breath, “I have, but she wants to meet me before we tell the media and everything, she wants to make a big deal out of the announcement, I told her people probably don’t care that much but again she wants her publicity. I think I am meeting her on Sunday for lunch.”

“Ok, well I better go but tonight was nice, I mean chatting to you was nice...”
“Yeah it was.”

“Hey Nate, call me on Monday ok...” I may have sounded a little desperate but I didn’t care

He let out a soft laugh, “Yeah I’ll call you Monday.”

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the bit longer post, since you mentioned my name i am happy i get to be the first one to post :)

    with so many blogs taking hiatuses it is nice to find another fiction one that sounds like it will be lots of fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I am glad you like it, I cant really decide if I want to have a couple of serious issues in! Or if I should keep it a bit light? Hmm!
    Thankyou very much, I really glad your enjoying it! I love doing it and am really happy people are commenting and stuff! So yeah keep commenting!
    Sorry for the late reply I had work after school yesterday! GOT home very late! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete