Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dinner?

I told Audrey all about my Nate drama; she listened like a friend and promised that she wouldn’t write a story about it until the news broke officially (then it was fair game) and she wouldn’t mention anything about the fake relationship or that Nathan and I technically started dating before the ‘announcement’.

“Hey Paris you really like him don’t you?”

“Yeah I think that I do” I smiled

On Monday I was waiting for a phone call from him, I knew that he would probably wait until I finished work but I kept checking my phone and nothing. I couldn’t concentrate on work at all; Zoe noticed and decided to take me to lunch to get my mind off Nathan.

“How’s Halley going?” I asked knowing the answer.

“Horrible, seriously Paris I honestly don’t know what to do with her. I don’t really want to talk to Minnie I don’t think I could ever get anyone fired...”

“You know I am not the biggest fan of Hally, but she isn’t doing her job properly, Minnie got you an assistant to ease your work load not to make it bigger...”

“I know I am going to have a chat with her when we get back and give her a chance.”

“Great, well at least you have a plan.”

We spent the rest of lunch chatting about everything, work and the new celebrity interview we are trying to get and my mum and Ray who are leaving for Europe today, and her parents (she doesn’t get along to well with them, they hated that she went into journalism, they wanted her to be a lawyer), her brother and her sisters (all who she is very close with).

We got back to the office about an hour later, but Minnie told me to just go home. She said I had worked really hard the last few weeks and deserved an afternoon off that would have been awesome if Nathan had called me...

I went to the gym, brought some groceries, I cleaned the apartment, cooked dinner, and cleaned out my wardrobe all before 5pm. At exactly 5 Nathans name lit up my caller id.

“Hey Nate.” I tried sounding cool but I sounded so excited which is how I felt.

“Hey, I thought you’d still be at work I was going to leave a voicemail.” He sound sounding suprised.

“No, I actually got the afternoon off!”

“Oh really? You should have called me we could have gone out.” He sounded a little disappointed.

“Well if I called you it would have looked a little desperate!” I laughed.

“I was trying to play it cool too, I have been awake since 7am just waiting for 5 o’clock,” he said laughing.

“Well that’s a bit cute.” I said smiling.

“So did you want to go dinner tonight?”

“Well you know a lady isn’t supposed to accept a date so late...” I said coyly.

“But that’s why I like you, you’re not afraid to break the rules.”

“Ok fine, just this once.”

“Well how about I cook you dinner at my place? I’ll text you the address is 7 ok?”

“7 sounds perfect!”

No comments:

Post a Comment