Saturday, July 17, 2010

Morning Meeting

*Sorry for the short post, I wanted to have two parts! :)

“Good morning everyone, welcome to the weekly meeting, let’s keep it brief who wants to start?” Minnie was obviously tired this morning, she loved the meetings usually.

“I will, the Nathan Luken interview will be in next month’s issue but we are really having trouble finding a title, does anyone have ideas?” Said the features editor Belinda, she was clearly exhausted she looked like she hadn’t slept in a week.

“Sexy man of football” Woohoo my suggestion, I loved getting in early.

“Sexy six pack?” The worst title I had ever heard came out of Hally (pronounced Hay-ley) me and her were not getting along well. She started the same time as me, as an assistant to Zoe (beauty editor) she was angry because I had a couple of stories printed already, and she had not. Also Zoe didn’t like her because she was hopeless and rarely remembered anything, but of course Zoe wouldn’t say anything because she is too nice. Minnie was getting fed up to because Hally obviously wanted to be in the fashion section of the magazine, and made no apologies about trying to get there. Usually I respected someone who fought for what they wanted, but Hally wasn’t doing her job properly which made Zoe mad, which made me mad.

Zoe and I were pretty good friends at this point, she listened to all my Nate drama. I felt like I couldn’t really talk to Audrey, she was working hard for a story and I was afraid she would use my information about Nathan again.

“I like Paris’s suggestion, but it needs some work almost right,” said Minnie
The meeting went for another 30 minutes, and was mostly ok.

“Hey Zoe, do you want to go watch Eclipse tonight? I knew she was dying to see it, and I didn’t want to be alone on a Friday night.

“Yes please, let’s go out for dinner first...Also can I bring Mark (the guy from the bar they had been dating for about a month now)? I said I would hang out with him tonight, I’ll get him to bring a friend with you!”

“Zoe, bring Mark...But please get him to bring a friend, I don’t want to date anyone.”

“No, you need to get out of your Nathan funk! IT’S TIME TO MOVE ON!” She was being pushy, but I know I did need to get out of my bad mood.

“Fine, will meet at that Chinese place at 8.”

“Yay, OK well I got to actually do some work.”

Why did I agree to this? I guess maybe it could be fun...

5 comments:

  1. I love this blog! I'm excited to see what is coming up next. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your reading it! :) Hope you keep enjoying it! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! Things are going to get interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the blog, i think the posts are just a bit too short though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey J'et hope your enjoying it! :)

    Thanks SweetCanadian, I agree that the posts are short, I have written the next couple of posts and they are longer! Also I really wanted this post to be 2 part, and I didnt really want to talk about nothing, if you get what I mean?

    Thanks for the tip though, I promise they will be longer! :)

    ReplyDelete