Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Radiance?

My heals made that familiar clunk, clunk, clunk against the tiles from the entrance of Radiance.

I am sooooo excited to be starting my brand new job. Even though I'm starting at the VERY bottom...I interned at Radiance for 3 months through University, and I have a degree in Journalism and one day I hope to be the editor of Radiance.

Anyway I am the assistant for the assistant for the editor of the magazine, pathetic I know BUT everyone has to start somewhere.

As I was navigating my through the halls, I banged into to him, and by him I mean Nathan Luken. I remembered his face from the numerous newspaper articles; he was a football player and a very good looking one at that.

His smile was breath taking, with his perfect blue eyes, and his muscular body, he only had one imperfection on his face a small scar above his eye (which if I am begin honest only added to his charm). Nathan was easily the hottest guy I had ever seen.

“I’m so sorry, I am really late I didn’t even see you.”

“Don’t worry about it, I am Nathan” he said coolly while picking up the contents of my Gucci handbag (knock off).

“I’m sorry again Nathan.” I said while running away.

While I was turning the corner I heard “Hey I didn’t even catch your name.”

“Its Paris, my name is Paris”, I heard him chuckle behind me.

“Good morning Minnie, would you like a coffee of some breakfast?”

“Oh hello Paris, first day as an official member of staff?”

“Yes, thank you so much for taking a chance on me.”I smiled.

“Paris I know talent when I see it, and unfortunately you have to start at the bottom like everybody else, but you’re going to be very big in this industry."

“Thank you again Minnie for your confidence in me”

Minnie was the editor of Radiance; she was lovely and had definitely taken a liking to me. On my second week of interning with Radiance, I handed her a story something like “50 ways to please YOURSELF” and she loved it, she said it was a refreshing outlook.

Minnie had massive eyes and a big smile; she was tiny and easily fitted into the sample sizes that we often got from designers all over the world. Minnie was fairly easy going, but when it came to the magazine she was deadly serious. The week before deadline was madness here, but that’s what I love about this place.

“PARIS, can you please call Nathan Luken’s publicist and let him we want him in the October issue, and book a date for the photo shoot and interview please.”

“No problem Minnie,”

Little did I know that little interview would change my life, in a very extreme way.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more. Things could get interesting at Radiance. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) I love it, my first follower! :) Really Happy! :)

    ReplyDelete