Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gossip?

I walked into my building and greeted Leonard my door man. Well to be honest it was Audrey’s door man, Audrey and I met at University when we were both studying journalism.

Audrey had this way of attracting everyone, she was beautiful but in a way that you had to study her to realise it, she had curves and new just how to dress them. We met the second day of university, we had all the same classes and I really wanted to know her story, growing up in a small town it was rare that I met someone I didn’t know.

I immediately took a liking to her, she had this air of confidence that I loved.

After we graduated we decided to move to Sydney, I had been dying to move out of my town for as long as I can remember. Audrey’s family was against the idea, and insisted on buying her an apartment for us to live together. I only had to pay $200 a month. The apartment was beautiful; we had a view of the city and when it was dark the lights almost made me cry, it was just so beautiful. We had our own rooms, and shared a bathroom which was a major cause of our fights.

While I decided that I would go into women’s magazines, Audrey decided to go into Gossip magazines. The job definitely suited Audrey. Audrey loved to gossip, I always came home to hear a new story about how blah, blah was pregnant with blah, blahs baby while she was still going out with some other blah, blah.

“Hey Paris, how was your first official day on the pay roll?”

“AMAZING...I love it there Audrey, ohhh and guess who I met? NATHAN LUKEN!”

“ARE YOU SERIOUS? OMG, anything I can use?”

“Really Audrey? No we didn’t even talk, I just bumped into him...”

That was Audrey always looking for a story, most of the time I didn’t mind but I felt oddly protective over Nathan, I didn’t know why I barely spoke to him...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about Nathan, he sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I tried to follow, but there's something going on with my server.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alicia,
    It's such a complement that your reading my blog...I absoutley love your blog! :) Thanks heaps! :)
    I hope you enjoy the direction of the blog...

    ReplyDelete