Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Interview part 2

When the interview part of the day came, well it was full of surprises.

Leigh the features writer was conducting the interview; she is really smart and witty. Leigh was the perfect person to interview Nathan; she could get any information out of anyone. When I was interning she used her tricks on me, I ended up telling her all about my family and friends back home, it ended in tears on my part, but she was so warm and kind about everything it was hard to be angry at her using her talent to pry information out of me.

“So Nathan what is the most rewarding part of your job?”

“I think it’s the fact in my job, you get what you put it. If we all train hard, then can hopefully get a good result. Although I guess in everything you need a little bit of luck.” Then he flashed his beautiful dimples.

“So you have lots of support from your family and friends?”

“Oh yeah, they are really supportive. I have to credit my aunty and uncle especially, they have helped me heaps.” Hmm now I was really curious what about his parents?

“Great, what about your long term girlfriend Katie Santsee?” At that moment I had a coughing fit, Kate Santsee, one of Australia’s top models...

What’s wrong with me? Hmph I guess I am jealous; I liked him more than I thought.

Darn

Cue to Nathan looking extremely uncomfortable...

“Uh yeah we’ve been together about two and a half years, she is...sweet and funny.”

Cue nervous laughter.

Leigh could obviously sense the nervous vibe in the room, and steered away from questions relating to his girlfriend.

The interview went for another twenty minutes, to be honest I wasn’t listening, I guess I was too busy feeling sorry for myself. I started packing up the makeup and clothes.

“Hey Paris, thanks for today,”

“Just doing my job,” I was being icy; he was still the ‘celebrity’ we were interviewing so I had to be nice. I flashed him my brightest smile.

“Well thanks for listening me to me earlier, and for talking to me I had fun. Usually this interviews are torture...”He smiled.

“Seriously, no problem. I had a pretty good day to, enjoy getting that mascara off.” I grinned stupidly big.

He chuckled and flashed those sweet dimples at me, but his smile was shy.

He made my heart melt; I can’t be feeling that way about another woman’s boyfriend. I can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment